Translate

My Cutting Files

Hello Everyone...after much thought I have decided once again to share my cutting files with you all....If you are interested there is a link at the top of my blog underneath the header which will take you to my download site for the files.....Please be aware...while browsing through my previous blogposts... when you find a file you like.....the link for that image is broken...you will need to go to the link at the top of my blog to do a search for the file to download....as it is too time consuming to go through each and every post and correct the links for the files. I trust you will all understand this.
I too, will again offer the entire collection for purchase on DVD if anyone would be interested...you will find the option for that in my store....As I create new files they will be complied on a DVD in the future for those who prefer to combine that way.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lovin’ My Cri-Kit Pens….

Happy Tuesday Everyone…….I hope you’re all having a wonderful week!!! I am totally enjoying my vacation…very low key and perfect!!!  Spent the entire day yesterday in my ARTHaven…..didn’t complete a whole lot LOL but I still enjoyed it….and guess where I am today!!! Yeppers….you got it!! ;)
I DID get the chance to try out my new Cri-Kit Pens…..OMG  LOVE THEM!!!!   They are amazing…very very smooth….wonderful job and worked perfectly!!!!!  On the card I made yesterday I used the Metallic Pen in the Blue……then I used some of my Blick Alcohol markers in the open spaces of the font then took an embossing pen…went over the colored parts and then coated in clear embossing powder and embossed….the ink DID NOT smear at all……worked perfect with the alcohol markers and I LOVE it!!!



I also took my Fluer De Lei frame I shared the other day and modified it to make a rectangle frame….I’m sharing that file below if you’re interested in it…….
I used one of my Shaplies…….the “Forever Friends” was put on thick watercolor paper……then I cut two smaller layers of the next size down of the same in watercolor paper and used them taped together to do my embossing around the edge of the layer….then hit the edges with some of my VersaMagic chalk inks…….
I took one of my cream colored flowers…..and made up my own spritzer to color the flower blue with some hairspray…couple snips of Perfect Pearls…a touch of water and several drips of Alcohol Ink in a Mini Mister then sprayed the flower….dried with my heat gun….then I covered with Perfect Medium and took some blue Perfect Pearls and painted the flower to give more of a deeper color…..then I put glue on the edges of the petals and coated with a smoke glitter…….then layered several layers I had done the same technique too and fastened with a pretty brad as the center of the flower….
The small flowers I took some flowers coated in the Perfect Pearls coated with clear embossing powder and heat embossed…LOVE the affect then used a pearl dot in the center of the flowers…….and you KNOW I love ribbon….So this is my card….Would LOVE to hear your comments on what you think of it…..It felt SO good to be creative again!!!!!
Ok…..so If anyone is interested here’s the frame below AND I had a request to create a template into a cut file of a Travel Tissue box…below is what I came up with….As always…if you would like these just click on the images below and they will take you to the pages on my website where you may download them….



Okie Doke…..I’m off to play some more…..still working on a file I’ve had a request for…..still have to test cut to see if my vision is working….IF it does I’ll be sharing it soon….AS ALWAYS…THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me….I pray you all have a very blessed day!!! I do hope you will come by again…until then….

16 comments:

Vicki said...

Penny, beautiful! I love how you embossed the rectangle frame...really gave it character! And oh wow, those flowers are beautiful and you put a lot of work into them. Breathtaking card!

HUGS!
Vicki

Scrapping Mom said...

Absolutely beautiful card. I just love the work you do.

Carolina Girl said...

OMGosh...just beautiful...I guess I must try the pens....I keep seeing so many little details that make it awesome.

katknit said...

Oh my gosh, this card is stunning !!! I love it. You are a wonderful artist and quite inspiring to me.

Becky said...

This card is just stunning, love the rich colors and love the sentiment and those flowers are gorgeous.

Maureen said...

Penny the card is beautiful...love everything about it!!

gail said...

It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing your tips and the file. You're so kind.

narutopenguingirl said...

What a pretty card! Just curious about a couple of the techniques...When you embossed the 'forever friends' section did you do it by hand, or did you put it through an embossing machine? Also, the concoction that you used in your mini-mister...do you know why it needs hairspray to work? Is it because of the alcohol ink? I've been considering using food coloring for color when mixing with the perfect pearls and water. I'm not sure if that's a bad idea or not. Help? What do you think?

Bev Coffaro said...

absolutely beautiful , I love it, thanks for sharing

Diann said...

It's a beautiful card for sure! I can tell that you will enjoy using these wonderful pens!
I'll be checking back later and see what else you have to share! Love your work! Diann

Carol's Crafts said...

Your card is fabulous, Penny. Of course, you know I love the color. LOL. Thanks for the free files too. You are so sweet to share them with us.

Laura said...

Oh, my goodness, Penny! I spent so much time trying to fulfill Chris's request for the punched circle, and then I made the fleur de lis frame as well, although I haven't posted it yet. Your punched circle is prettier than mine by a long shot. I should have waited !o)
Laura
http://cricutcard-iologist.blogspot.com

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Absolutely stunning!! : )

cal8007 said...

Thank you Penny! I really appreciate the time you put into your creations, love that you share so freely!

God bless you and give you more in return!

Carmen L

thefrugalcrafter said...

OK girl, when do you SLEEP! The hat box is AMAZING! Perfect for mothers day, love the tissue box too! You are on a roll girl and i love the pen work, they seem to be much more delacate than the cricut markers, you have such talent Penny, thanks for sharing!

Melissa Craig said...

I am new to your blog! OH MY GOODNESS - where have you been all my life? Your cuts are amazing - your projects are amazing. I'm bookmarking and following you.