Translate

My Cutting Files

Hello Everyone...after much thought I have decided once again to share my cutting files with you all....If you are interested there is a link at the top of my blog underneath the header which will take you to my download site for the files.....Please be aware...while browsing through my previous blogposts... when you find a file you like.....the link for that image is broken...you will need to go to the link at the top of my blog to do a search for the file to download....as it is too time consuming to go through each and every post and correct the links for the files. I trust you will all understand this.
I too, will again offer the entire collection for purchase on DVD if anyone would be interested...you will find the option for that in my store....As I create new files they will be complied on a DVD in the future for those who prefer to combine that way.

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 21, 2017

WOW....Almost 6 months......

Hello Everyone.....I hope this post finds you all doing well this evening...I can not believe it's been almost 6 months since my last post.....For those of you who do choose to touch base from time to time I thank you......
I am FINALLY beginning to feel my old self again....seems they have FINALLY found one of the many issues of my health problems is.....the doctors and I are working together to get me back to a point where I have the passion to create again....and it feels good to have those spurts of time.....I'm learning to take it as it comes and be happy!!!
Thru the last 6 months I have created things that I thought I would share with you here....to get me caught up.......then share with you a very special piece I created today that I am so very proud of and have it hanging in my home....
But first....here's some pieces I've created over the past couple of months for swaps I've been involved in with my Yahoo group...
 This one was for a Door Hanger Swap....

 This was for an Easter Swap.....

This was for an Easter Egg Swap.....

 This was for a Happy Birthday Tag Swap....

These were for a One Sheet Wonder Swap.....this one was alot of fun and challenging!!! ;)

Then we had a very special swap....it was an Altered Letter Swap for a person in our group....I had the letter D for a very sweet special lady whom I love so dearly.....

 

The next cards are some I created just to create as I wanted to make something to have to use to send out......I enjoyed making them and can so see making more of these in the future....


 This one was a Pop Out Card and such a wonderful impact....I loved making it and will definitely make more in the future.....


These are the Resist Technique and so very very pretty...love the soft affect of how these turned out.....and I can say I've used most of these up already.....

So NOW that I have all these shared of these I've created over the last 6 months...I'm EXCITED to share this next piece with you.....I have loved Mixed Media for decades.....have done some in the past but it's been a while for sure......I love the look of Finnabair's ART and it has been inspiring me more and more over the past several months.....so I finally decided to create a piece I've been wanting to work on for a while.....took the plunge this weekend to give it a go....and am beyond thrilled with my end results....
I started out with a white 11"x14" canvas......gessoed it.....used some lace, stenciling, modeling paste and trinkets to it.....then began adding many layers of dimensions.....I didn't take pics all through the stages but I did take a couple of when I first started adding my colors and multiple layers.....
This shows the beginning stages of color and some of the items I had added to the canvas.....the words I cut using my Brother Scan N Cut through Canvas using very thick cardstock layered 4 thick...which gives a wonderful dimension....
The cross you see on this piece I created using a toilet paper roll.......
After adding more pieces and more color I took yet another pictures to show how it looked a bit further down the road.....
Along with using Finnabair's sprays I also used alot of Tattered Angels sprays and some Rust-Oleum Metallic Paints that I found at Menard's the other day.....I was having ALOT of fun!!
So....after many, many...MANY more layers of sprays....metallics....embellishments I have completed this piece and I must admit I am beyond thrilled with this piece....can't wait for you to see it!!!


I can't express how much I LOVE how this turned out.....I can't wait to begin on another.....I would LOVE to hear what you think of this one?????  
SO SORRY this was such a LONG POST!!! Sure hope you made it to the end......If you did...THANKS SO MUCH!!! And thank you again for stopping by to visit with me....I hope you'll check back again soon as I plan on getting back to a more routine habit of posting AND creating!!!!  It's been WAY TO LONG!!!
I would like to wish you all a VERY blessed week again...Stay safe, happy and healthy...and SAVED!!! 

Until next time...

15 comments:

Debbie said...

Penny, love the new projects. Your canvas project turned out so awesome. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Love ya,
Debbie

Kerry Peasland said...

Awesome! Wonderful, I love how this turned out and anxious to see more of your work. Thanks for sharing. Kerry

Katknit said...

I love how this canvas turned out. Your art work is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing....Char

Diann said...

Your ART is special and so wonderfully made - you go girl! I love the canvas and it turned out beautifully and will be a grand addition to your home!
Diann

Dorothy said...

OMG!!! Penny!!! The mixed media piece is amazing!!Love it all!!!

Diane said...

It is wonderful to see you creating again!!! Your pieces, as usual, are absolutely amazing!!!! I look forward to seeing more of your creations in the coming months!!!! You are an inspiration!!!

Gloria said...

Wow Penny Simply AMAZING!!!!!

Sherri Auld said...

Wow Penny, amazing as always!! Love the mixed media piece, the colors are just wonderful.

Sherri

Alicia Baldwin said...

Oh Penny, I have SO missed your ART!! All your pieces are just stunning! Oh to be able to ART as you do!!! I have a few questions, but will ask via the group! Love you! *Hugs*

Gigi Gleason said...

Beautiful work, Penny. Nice to see you sharing again.

Vic said...

Such great art. Your canvas is fabulous!

rose tresures said...

Ohhhh Penny, how happy you have made me!!!! I love seeing all your beautiful art and I do so love the canvas art you made!!! It's so good to know you are feeling better and feeling like creating and playing. Continued prayers for you my sweet friend!! Love you so much!! hugs, patty

Sheila said...

Wow, Penny, what beautiful projects! I am so glad you share the things you do, you are such a beautiful artist.

Rita Loyd said...

Wowzers....just beautiful Penny....I love it!!! Your art is always so gorgeous.

Bobbi said...

As always, beautiful. It is great to see your creativity again. Thank you so much.