Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, May 15, 2015

It's that time....Another Challenge for The Creative Pointe....SUMMER

Hello Hello Everyone....Hope you are all having a wonderful week!!!!  We're supposed to have a rainy weekend this weekend....but I look at the bright side thinking I get to spend it in my favorite place!!! My ARTHaven!! Right???!!!  And thankfully no bad weather!!!  Continuing to keep those hit so badly last week in my prayers!!!  How scary!!

So It's that time again...as the title says....Time for another awesome challenge for.....

This Challenge Theme is "SUMMER".......what a FUN theme huh??? I had ALOT of fun playing in this challenge....Cindy creates some cool files to work with........to create this card I used this file from her store....

And in addition I created 2 files to add to these to give my creation the finish touch and also used one of my old files.........I'll share those with you below..........So...wanna see how it turned out????  I think it's adorable!!! I'm showing several pictures cause of the dimension of the card.......it's hard to get the perfect angle in one shot....







See why it's so hard to show just one angle!!! LOL  I had SO MUCH FUN working with these files!!!!  I cut the picnic blanket out of 2 sheets of decorative paper from the DCWV Striped Raye stack   with my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter and SCAL4 Pro and glued them together.....the glass of lemonade I cut from clear plastic....the straw from 110# GP cardstock and the colored the "inside" of the glass with Spectrum Noir markers....glued together with Tombow Mono Liquid Glue which turned out kinda cool cause it helps to make it look like there's liquid in the glass.....the foam squares turned out to be an awesome add as it makes it look like there's "ice cubes" in the glass...FUN huh!!!!...So the picnic blanket and the glass of lemonade are files I created to complete the card......and the tree in the background is one of my old files....I'll share all three of them at the end of this post.....But isn't it cool how I ended up with the heart of the tree over the sun!! LOL  That was just happenstance...I didn't notice that until after I had the card finished...but love how it ended up!!  

I also cut the "Picnic" out of the same card stack as the picnic blanket with my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter and SCAL4 Pro (you know....one awesome feature of the PRO version of SCAL4 is the ability to cut by color)....and distressed the edges with Distress Inks...Barn Door and Gathered Twigs....I also added Wink of Stella to the word......

The ants I cut from black Recollections cardstock with  my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter and SCAL4 Pro....and used my white Inkssentials gel pen to make the eyes then a bit of Glossy Accents over that...gives the eyes a raised affect.......Now the rest of the items...the hamburger, hotdog, ice cream cone and picnic basket I cut from white GP 110# cardstock and then colored them all with my Spectrum Noir Markers...had LOTS of FUN doing this....here's the entire range of Spectrum Noir Markers I used:

CT1, CT3, DR1, DR2, DR6, EB1, EB2, EB3, EB4, EB5, EB6, GB6, GB7, GB8, GB9, GB10, LG3 and LG5

I'm quite impressed with all of my coloring on these....to the hamburger bun I added some Matte Accents Inkssentials......for the base of the card I colored with an array of Distress Inks....these are the colors I used along with a touch of water from my spray bottle......

Scattered Straw, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Gathered Twigs, Mowed Lawn, Forrest Moss

Just an FYI.....you know the big thing right now is the new Distress Spray Bottle from Ranger with Tim's name on it....while it's cool...I just could not justify paying $5.00 for a plastic spray bottle so I went on a search....and I actually found a $.97 spray bottle from Walmart in the cleaning items section...you know...by the floor cleaning area......it sprays SUCH a nice mist of water.....check out the grass area of the card and you'll see what I mean.......Just thought I would share that.....

Ok....now for the phrase I stamped above the word Picnic I used 2 seperate stamps I had in my collection....sorry I can't tell you which sets they come from because I have all my stamps in individual ATC sleeves divided by theme.....but to stamp them I used a combination of Versafine Ink in Toffee and Black......

And that just about completes the card!!! So what do you think??? Do you like it??? I hope so.....SO...here's the files I created to finish off my creation....if you would like to snag these...please feel free....you can find them by clicking on the image below......




Okie Dokie Artichoke.....I think that finishes up this post!!!! Now don't forget to go over the The Creative Pointe Challenge Blog to participate and your chance to win!!!!!!!

As always.....THANK YOU so very much for spending a bit of your day with me!!! I so hope you were inspired in someway by the FUN I had in my ARTHaven!!! Sure hope you will stop by again.....Don't forget I'll have another blogpost/video for the Silver Bullet Professional Cutter and SCAL4 this Sunday.....hope you'll stop back by...Until then...I wish you all a very blessed week!!!!

No comments: