Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

It's time for a Creative Pointe Challenge - Mother's Day


Happy Friday Everyone!!! I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful end to your week and looking forward to an awesome weekend!!!!!

I am SO PROUD to share with you that I am back on the Design Team for

Cindy is the owner and such a sweetheart!!!! So it's that time for the next challenge……This one is for the theme….Mother's Day!!!! And I used 2 cut files sets from Cindy's store…….I'll share them below………but here's my creation…….I LOVE how it turned out…….






Isn't it GORGEOUS!!!! The files from Cindy's store are WONDERFUL….I used the Mom Card file and the Teacup file…Links to these files are listed below….and I also used my PDC Grungy Rose file….which I'll also share below……It's been so long since I've made my handmade roses and I truly enjoyed it!!! Felt like coming home again!! ;) My Silver Bullet Professional Cutter and SCAL4 Pro and I had SUCH a wonderful time together and they both worked beautifully!!!!
For the card front I ran through my Ebosser and used the Swiss Dots embossing folder by Sizzix…then used some Tattered Rose Distress Ink and a distress sponge to hit the edges and then go over the dots to help them pop off the page more…..then went around the edges of the card with the Walnut Stain Distress Ink…..
To create the Mom layer on the card front cut the decorative layer from the paper stack from DCWV called The Dear Jane Stack…..#PS-005-00263 this is such a gorgeous stack…..then I also cut 4 additional of the Mom oval in white 110# Georgia Pacific cardstock and glued them together to building up the layers so the Mom is pretty thick…….so it would raise up off the surface of the card……I brushed the edges with my distress sponge and Walnut Stain Distress ink…….and then went over the word…MOM with my Wink of Stella clear pen….LOVE the shimmer!!!!!
I also cut the card front and the teacup layers as well as the PDC Grungy Rose pieces and ivy from the same paper stack as listed above……..I distressed the layers of the teacup with more of the Walnut Stain distress ink and my distress sponge……..
Now…for my PDC Grungy Roses I cut the layers and they were a white background with the green accents on them…..I pulled out my Spectrum Noir Blending Pencils and used the following colors to color the layers……
SN#'s 030, 031, 093, 036, 094, 105, 025 & 060

Then…rather than using Gamsol I used Mineral Spirits and a blending stump…..I LOVE how the SN Blending Pencils blend……I distressed the edges then with the Walnut Stain distress ink and the distress sponge…..then created my roses.....for anyone is interested…just a reminder I do have a video on my You Tube channel showing how I create them you're more than welcome to view…..once I had them made I then touched the edges with Wink of Stella to give a bit of shimmer…..LOVE LOVE LOVE…..
The inside layer is a decorative piece from the same stack and I again distressed the edges……The card base is some of the heavy 110# cardstock of the Recollection line from Michaels…this stuff makes AWESOME card bases and cuts beautifully with my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter……I found using the force of 130 and velocity of 800 worked wonderful for cutting this thick cardstock…
Now….If you liked my creation and might want to make one for the Mom's in your life….you can find the files at the links below……..
MOM Card and Charms - Click Image to Close

Tea Cup Card - Click Image to Close


 
Okie Dokie Artichokie!!!! That's it for my DT Challenge card…..Do you like it???? I sure hope you do…I know I do…..I love how the roses and the Mom just sparkles and sparkles!!!! ;) It was really a fun card to make and I truly enjoyed using my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter and SCAL4 Pro together…..such an awesome combination!!! I'm looking forward to have a fun weekend in my ARTHaven!!!!! I want to THANK YOU so much for stopping by to visit with me…..I do hope you'll come by again…and don't forget to go over to Cindy's challenge blog….



Now we're ready to see YOUR SVG (or similar) creations.
PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CHALLENGE:
They are simple and short.  Please check on the rules tab above for complete rules to enter this challenge.  
MOST IMPORTANT RULE:  You MUST use an SVG or similar electronic cutting file in your project.  CRICUIT CARTRIDGE ONLY ENTRIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.  Please make sure that you mention somewhere in your post what part of your project was created with a cutting file.  

Until next time……

No comments: