Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A New Challenge over at TTCRD.....

Good Morning Everyone!!!! I hope you're all having a wonderful week thus far!!!

So....I'm excited to bring you a card I created for the new challenge over at Through The Craft Room Door's Challenge Blog....I'm on their Design Team so I was excited to work with an image from one of the digi stamp sponsers.........Little Claire Stamps

I had alot of fun with this card once I was set on my vision to create it.......This is my "recipe" of components I used to create it......

Paper - Colorbok Neutral Collection
Spectrum Noir Blending Pencils - 034, 114, 120, 103, 084, 040, 005, 067, 079, 113
Blending stump and Mineral Spirits
Fun Foam
Bakers Twine
Glue
Distress Inkpads - Gathered Twigs, Picked Raspberry
Handmade cat paw stamp - created with fun foam

You can see here....at least I hope you can.....I used Wink of Stella over the phrase then covered with Glossy Accents to make the center stand out......

 See my handmade paw stamp I created........I thought it turned out cute....I just used some fun foam...cut out the ovalish shapes and put them on a thick piece of acetate with tacky glue.......then I used some double sided tape to stick the stamp to the acrylic block........works perfectly...and is reusable...
 So I thought I would share some details of how I created the card.....

I brought the digi image into SCAL4Pro and traced it so I could create a shadow layer to cut out with my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter......worked perfectly!!!!

I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir Blending Pencils....blending with a blending stump and Mineral Spirits....I know SN sells Gamsol to use with them....but Mineral Spirts works perfectly...and is very inexpensive......I must say I am really enjoying the blending pencils......

I used Distress Inks Gathered Twigs and Picked Raspberries around the edges of the digi image....then took my homemade paw stamp and stamped with pigment ink randomly around the edge of the card then used clear embossing powder to give the paws some texture.....

Then I cut funfoam for the black layer of cardstock, the cream layer and the digi image layer.....just a slight bit smaller then each of these layers......used my ATG gun to adhere the funfoam to the backs of each of these layers...then stacked and attached each layer on each other...this gives a nice solid lift to each layer.....

I then took some bakers twine and rolled it like a ball of yarn......adhered with my glue gun...wrapping around the cats tail at the bottom.....I also then make a box rather than an envie for the box to be given in.....I used SCAL4Pro to design and my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter to cut out the box.....makes it so each and perfect!!!!

And that's my card.....isn't it cute!!! ;)  I thought it turned out adorable....I think the paws and the"yarn" are my favorite parts on the card!!!!  So...Head on over to the TTCRD Challenge Blog and play along with us!!!!!

I would like to THANK YOU all for stopping by to visit with me.....I do hope you will stop by again...and I wish you all a very blessed week....Until next time!!





No comments: