Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Weekend of Stamps Ink and FUN!!

Hey Everyone....I hope you are all doing WONDERFUL!!!  It's been a FUN weekend for me!!!  For the first time in a while I've spent the past 2 weekend playing and having a great time in my ARTHaven!!! Seems I've been struggling so long for the mojo to come home and I "think" I FINALLY convinced it!!  I've started playing with stamps and am TOTALLY enjoying myself!!!  See........

Thought I would share with you all the fun I had.....starting with the cards I created last weekend.....using stamps, scrap paper, my Spectrum Noir markers and lots of inks!!!


So....This first card above I made for a very very sweet friend of mine....Gigi!!! She was such a sweetheart and graced me with some AWESOME acrylic/rubber stamps she was purging from her ARTHaven and I was a very blessed recipient of them!!! So I wanted to make her a little Thank You!!  Isn't it cute.....I used my Spectrum Noir markers (had all the Copics years ago and was not impressed with them....so I sold them.....) which I've recently started collecting to color the flowers, leaves and vase and I have fallen in love with the Spectrum Noir markers....they blends so wonderfully!!!!

This card I made from scraps and empheria I've made and collected over the years.......the tag "Love You" is some that I had created a couple years back....the laser cut white piece is something that had been gifted to me along time ago....the tan doilie is one I had cut with my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter a while back and just put in my stash.....added pearls around it at the points....the rose is one of my handmade grungy roses I made and put in my stash as well.....this is a very small card but I just love the elegant look of it and to think I made with things I had on hand was even cooler!!!



This card I had ALOT of fun with!!!!  I created the blue mottled layer with a bunch of different inks, embossing sleeves.....distress inks...distresser and Tattered Angels misters.....The Memories layer and the phrase were things I had in my stash as well.......layered over watercolor paper and blue cardstock...added one of my grungy roses I had previously created....some beautiful ribbon and VOILA!!!  I LOVE the look of this card!!!!!

 This card I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out......again using scraps and empheria I had in my stash....isn't it CUTE.......basically I took a scrap of some mottled paper I had and cut into strips and then cut banner ends to them......then spaced them out evenly on the card front and adhered.....took a stamped lace piece I had on had and colored with Tattered Angel misters in several colors......just LOVE the shimmer of this and the look of it...added a butterfly image I had on had with a laser cut frame that had been gifted to me eons ago......then added some rhinestones that I colored with my Spectrum Noir markers.....had the "social butterfly" phrase already stamped out......so just added to the card from and then stamped the phrase at the top....turned out rather cute I think......


 

 These cards were fun fun fun to make.....I used some of the Gina K. stamps that Gigi had gifted me and stamped out the floral wreath and colored with my Spectrum Noir Markers.......stamped out the image and scanned in my computer and made a shadow cut of the stamp so I could cut out the piece and then stamp and not have to fussy cut.......used SCAL3 and my Silver Bullet Professional cutter.......then cut a couple of circles.....in the green layer and white layer...on the white layer I stamped the phrase with chocolate pigment ink and used clear embossing powder and heat embossed......layered the floral wreath over a green shadow layer and used foam squares and raised up over the decorative scrap of paper I had and added silk ribbon......love how both of these cards turned out.......and have in fact already used one of them......



This card I used more of my scraps on hand........layered over black cardstock card base....then using more of the Gina K. stamps I stamped out the basket and roses and used my Spectrum Noir markers...again created a shadow layer and cut out the shadows layers and stamped them out and colored.....attached them to some watercolor paper.....stamped out the phrase and added ribbon......worked up rather quickly and was alot of fun..... 

Now....these next cards.....OH MY....these are my PRIDE!!! I'm SO proud of how these turned out.......I started out with white cardstock, pink background layer and tan card base.....and a black mat layer behind the top piece..... a rubber stamp from Cloud 8 of the butterfly.......








Also used a chicken wire stencil, Fiskars floral rubber stamps, Glitzy word background stamp.....clear embossing powder, and lots and lots of distress ink, Spectrum Noir markers, distress stickles, metal embellishments....Ranger Patina Inks and Vintage sealer.....seam binding ribbon.....and LOTS of FUN!!!!!!

The background I started off with white cardstock.....I used a sponge applicator and sponged on some distress inks to cover the entire area....then I used my Fiskars floral/ivy stamps and stamped with embossing ink over the area...and then coated with clear embossing powder and heat embossed.......then I took the word background stamp and stamped the words on the entire layer piece......in Walnut Stain distress ink.....I then used some more distress inks to cover the entire area.....and then used a paper towel to wipe the ink off the embossed floral/ivy areas.....which shows the color beneath.....I then took the chicken wire stencil and some embossing ink and went over the middle part of the piece....then coated with clear embossing powder and heat embossed....

I then again took more distress ink and went over the area so the chicken wire pattern would show through......I think it gives the layer so much dimension!!!  I did the same steps for the layer under the butterfly.....

With the exception of the floral/ivy......I did not use on the small pieces...but I did stamp the butterfly directly on the 2x2 square and then stamped the butterfly again on a separate piece and colored with my Spectrum Noir markers then attached to the 2x2 piece with glossy accents along the body of the butterfly...and then added distress stickles in Walnut Stain on the body...

For the metal accents I used the Ranger Patina Inks to color the metal.....then used a black Copic .01 marker to color in the letters so they would pop out...and then coated with the Vintage Sealer for the Ranger Patina Inks....used foam squares to attach to the card.......

For the ribbon I took some off white seam binding and colored with distress inks and water and then dried with my heat gun so I could have the exact color I needed for my project......

So...that's the story on these cards...aren't these GORGEOUS!!!! They are BY FAR my favorites and I had SO much FUN with stamps!!!!! 

This last card is the one I created first before the cards above........I loved how this one turned out so much it inspired me to create the 3 card set above.........Funny how one idea leads to so many others isn't it!!! LOL



So what do you think???????  Can you tell I had ALOT of fun over the last 2 weeks....and I'm actually still feeling inspired which is a true plus cause I WANT to create more!!!! I'm so looking forward to my next time to be spent in my ARTHaven!!!

Oh.....And I do have one file I'm going to share in case anyone is interested in it.......I had a request for these from someone a couple of weeks ago so I worked them up and thought I would share them with you as well...just in case someone might be interested....


Whew!!!!!!!!!  That was LONNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG huh!!! ROFL....IF you stuck with me...then THANK YOU so very much!!!! You ROCK!!! I sincerely and truly appreciate it!!! Would LOVE to hear your thoughts and comments......As always...I would like to with you a VERY blessed week and I do so hope you will come by and visit with me again!!!!  Until then....

No comments: