Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Another Weekend Come and Gone…

Happy Sunday Evening Everyone….I hope you have all enjoyed a wonderful weekend….WOWZERS you can tell Winter is here….it’s been brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr COLD this weekend….NO SNOW in my neck of the woods…but sure is nippy outside!!!
So…..I actually had a FUN day playing in my ARTHaven today…..I knew I wanted to get some Christmas cards made….I am determined to mail out Christmas cards this year…..it’s been a couple of years since I have and I really miss it……
Since I did a Sketch card the other day and challenged myself to use Acrylic Stamps throughout the entire project I really enjoyed creating with them…..Amazing what a chalk bag, detailed embossing powder and a pretty stamp will do huh!!! LOL
So…I decided that I want to use MORE stamps on projects……so why not start with some Christmas cards…right??!! Sounds good anyway…LOL  Well you know me….I can’t stand the thought of doing anything simple and straight forward…..I like to always try to make it seem cool at least…LOL  Today was no different…..and I really had a lot of FUN with it…….

But I wanted to give more of a precision cut and look to them….SO……I decided to stamp the images out onto white cardstock with a good crisp black ink……and then I scanned them into my digital cutting file program and used the stamped image to create shadow layers for these stamps…..didn’t do the pack of phrases……those are more for direct to shape kind of things…..but for the 2 Stampendous packets they worked GREAT to create shadow layers for……I used one of the shapes of the borders to then create a card base with…..so I could stamp it out and have the cool edge to the card…  Wanna see how my card turned out?????




As you can see I did a couple of layers to this card…..I used the shadow layer of the tree I created and made a shadow layer to the shadow layer…..so I could give the edge around the tree the same Copper effect to make the tree pop…..I also did that same technique to the layer behind the decorative paper layer….and I stamped the border stamp and the phrase on the decorative paper and embossed with the same Copper detailed embossing powder…..and I absolutely LOVE the affect…..  I also used the Copper on the inside of the card for the Merry Christmas I stamped and embossed.
For the tree stamp itself..I use some of the Mixed Media Inkpad which is very juicy in the dark brown color and then used clear detailed embossing power on it….then hit the berries with a red glitter pen I have…..colored the flower pot a metallic silver and then distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink….”of course”….LOL  I also distress in the same manner the decorative paper layer…..
Don’t you think it’s a very impactful card??? I really LOVE it….and can’t wait to start on my next card design…..
Sooooooooooooooo…..Thought some of you who own the stamps sets or perhaps will be purchasing them…may be interested in the shadow cut layers I made of these….the files DO NOT include the image of the stamp…you MUST own the stamps already to be able to utilize the file as intended….but it will save you a step for if or when you do……


I also thought I would share with you the card base I created using the largest border design in the stamp set shadow cut I included above ……….
Okie Dokie Artichokie…..so…that does it for me tonight!!!!  Sure hope you might like my creation I made today…and perhaps find the files useful?????  I am really growing an increasing passion for acrylic/rubber stamping…..I guess through my determination to utilize digis I neglected the acrylic/rubber and am so glad I’ve decided to give them a new look…..because I’m finding they incorporate SO WELL with my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter!!!!
THANK YOU so much for taking a bit of time from your day and spending it here visiting with me!!! I would like to wish you all a VERY blessed week!!!! I do hope you’ll come back by and visit again…..until then…..

No comments: