Translate

My Cutting Files

Hello Everyone...after much thought I have decided once again to share my cutting files with you all....If you are interested there is a link at the top of my blog underneath the header which will take you to my download site for the files.....Please be aware...while browsing through my previous blogposts... when you find a file you like.....the link for that image is broken...you will need to go to the link at the top of my blog to do a search for the file to download....as it is too time consuming to go through each and every post and correct the links for the files. I trust you will all understand this.
I too, will again offer the entire collection for purchase on DVD if anyone would be interested...you will find the option for that in my store....As I create new files they will be complied on a DVD in the future for those who prefer to combine that way.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

A Monday Rolls Around…..

Good Morning and Happy Monday Everyone……..We have yuck yuck rain today…..but thankful it’s nothing severe!!!!! 

 I had some swaps for my ARTHaven group that I needed to get completed and in the mail……I had me some FUN!!!!!
The first one I needed to complete was a Mermaid Swap……you might remember I shared that file the other day…….

Well I wanted her to look cute……..wanna see how she turned out????






I used the pen tool and a regular ole’ bic ball point pen to draw her face using the WYSIWYG setting with my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter and SCAL3 program…..then once it drew out I cut out the body….colored in her lips with a red marker and used my white Pentel Sunburst Gel Pen to color the whites of the eyes and then a black sharpie to color in her pupils…..and drew her on some eyelashes…
For her hair…I had cut her hair out with black cardstock and knew I wanted to give it some texture in some way…..and remembered some flocking stuff I had picked up on clearance at Michaels several months ago and dug it out and gave it a whirl….worked pretty darn good……

I coated the hair piece with my jumbo Zigg glue pen…allowed to dry and then used the flocking sheet and a stylus to rub over it to transfer the flocking over it and it worked pretty darn good…….
I used the Print and Cut Technique to cut out her bottom pieces of her body…….using my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter and SCAL3 and then ran the body bottom piece through my Ebosser to give it a bit of a fin like texture….went across the high spots with my Tim Holtz sanding  block then used my Walnut Stain Inkpad and a distressing sponge to give another depth of color….On the fin part I coated it with the Zigg glue pen…allowed to dry then covered with fine glitter…..

Check it out…..I used the EXTRA STICKY Mat Sherri sells at her store That’s Scrap Inc.

These are for fabric and difficult to stick mediums and I think grungeboard could classify as one of those…I did NOT have to use painter’s tape around the edges to get this to stay put on the mat…..stayed perfectly where I placed it…and then lifted right off when I was finished cutting….

Just thought that was SUPER COOL and thought some might find it useful….I use this mat for cutting felt too!!!

Ok….Now on to the next swap……this was called Embossing Card swap…meaning you had to use Embossing in some way on the creation of the card and it had to stay in the parameters of a 5x7 card with an accompanying envie……Well I wasn’t sure whether she meant rubber stamping embossing or texture folder embossing…LOL  I was too lazy to ask…so I did both!!! 
I knew I wanted to do something different…….so I was looking around my room and saw a card I had done a couple of months ago using one of my Cut Line designs…..you “might” remember it….




This was the design I used for this card……

Well I wanted this one to be different……and I had hearts on my mind…….and wanted the card to have some type of a shape to it rather then a rectangle……so I started playing around with this file I had shared eons ago….
 

Tweeked it and changed a few things……then decided to use one of my Shaplie Designs…..so I chose this one….

Resized it a bit and only used a couple of the layers and here was my end result to the file I created……..
Now this file is a frame….but once I sent it into SCAL3 I just duplicated the bottom piece and Unioned them together to create my card base………and this is the Envie I decided to use….I just resized it a bit to be the size I needed it to be…..

So….Now to show you what my card ended up looking like….I have to say I do love it if I have to say so myself…..




I did a lot of Print and Cut with my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter and SCAL3 on this card set because I loved the papers I chose to use….but sadly the paper only came in a 6x6 size….so I had scanned it and printed off the designs I needed with the digital paper I wanted to fill them….I used a lot of Walnut Stain Ink and my distressing sponge around the edges….used an embossing folder on the frame piece……and LOVE the rich deep texture of this card…….
The cross is an acrylic stamp that I stamped with Ranger Archival Ink and then colored with my Distress Ink Pads swiped on my work surface and a paint brush dipped in water…..once I had it colored I dried completely with my heat gun then stamped with black pigment ink the phrase and used black embossing powder and heat embossed…worked perfectly……so now I have both stamping embossing and texture embossing in the piece!!! Yeahhh ME!!! 
I’m sharing several photos of this because I was trying to show you that the inside piece with the stamped image is inset a bit and I raised the frame up a bit with foam squares to give another depth to the card…..I’m super thrilled with how this came out…and I sure hope the recipient is as well!!!!
Now….one last thing to share with you is from the Postcard Swap we had over at ARTHaven……I decided to create this all digitally and just print off front back…..and it worked perfectly……

I used a multitude of techniques creating this and I used my Corel Paint Shop Pro X4 program…..I’m debating on whether I want to upgrade to X5 or not….just haven’t decided….so far what I see there’s not a lot of difference that has affected me..but I’m still playing with it….
Okie Dokie Artichokie!!! That’s IT for me for the day!!!! I SO hope you might have found something here you like!!!!!  As always….THANK YOU so much for stopping by to visit with me……I wish you all a very very blessed week!!!!! I do hope you’ll come by again…..Until then….

No comments: