Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge 292

Hey Hey Everyone...Happy Thursday to you all!!!  So...I actually took on a challenge and COMPLETED it!!!  A very sweet friend of mine.....Michelle with MichelleMyBelle Creations offers up an SVG File she's been given permission to create from the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge every week....from the Mojo Monday Blog .......I think it's such an awesome idea to help jump start one's creativity if your mojo happens to have gone on vacation!!! ;) 

So...Here was the challenge for this week......


And being this was my first attempt....I did my best to keep the look of it being as close as possible.....so here's my creation!!!!!



  
So I used my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter to cut out the pieces.....using the Print & Cut Technique with SCAL3...I scanned the papers so I could save on paper and ink and then filled the shapes of the file Michelle had created and then cut them out....made it SO NICE!!! I grunged up the edges of all the pieces with my distressing tool and then inked the edges with Distress Ink Victorian Velvet and Frayed Burlap......then spritzed the round piece with water and made a bit of a splotchy look......

I then stamped the circle with a rubber stamp I have from TPC Studio Collection #2011139 (Hobby Lobby Brand).  On the little border piece you see under the pieces I took some thin ribbon and weaved it through to add another dimension to the piece.....and glued a little bow to the circle piece to give the illusion it's been weaved through that piece as well.....On the bottom piece of the card I used my Ebosser electric embossing machine and an embossing folder I have to give yet one more layer of texture to the piece....

It was so FUN to actually create something through the week!!!!  Made me realize how much I miss doing that!!!!  So I was happy to get to share this with you!!!!

Ok....that's it for me today!!!!  Thank you SO SO much for stopping by to visit with me........I so hope you'll come by again...and I hope you are having a very blessed week!!!! Until next time... ;)



No comments: