Translate

My Cutting Files

Hello Everyone...after much thought I have decided once again to share my cutting files with you all....If you are interested there is a link at the top of my blog underneath the header which will take you to my download site for the files.....Please be aware...while browsing through my previous blogposts... when you find a file you like.....the link for that image is broken...you will need to go to the link at the top of my blog to do a search for the file to download....as it is too time consuming to go through each and every post and correct the links for the files. I trust you will all understand this.
I too, will again offer the entire collection for purchase on DVD if anyone would be interested...you will find the option for that in my ETSY store....As I create new files they will be complied on a DVD in the future for those who prefer to combine that way.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

TGIF....And I've been Having FUN!

Happy Happy Friday Everyone.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....it's COLD in my neck of the woods this morning......single digits here in Kentucky....teeth are chattering...Is it Springtime yet???? LOL

So.....While browsing Joann's a couple weeks ago I decided to pick up a couple of the wood pieces to alter......I decided upon the Art Minds Gift Bag....
I knew I was going to want to cover with some decorative paper......so I decided to work up a cut file for it to save me some time AND make the cutout areas look neater........

And here's what I created with the combination of the 2.......






I really like how this turned out.......I took the box and coated with Gesso....I then cut out the pieces using my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter.....took some of my Distress Inkpads in Old Paper & Walnut Stain and my Ink Distresser and went around all the edges....then sprayed them with a Matt Fixative so the ink wouldn't smear in the next step....then I used the Inkssentials Glue N' Seal in Matte Finish and put a base of that down with a paintbrush and then laid  the decorative cut piece down  and went over the top completely coating and set aside to dry completely......

Once dried I then coated with a layer of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and set aside to completely dry......Once dried I took a Jumbo Java Chalk Ink and went over to fill in the cracks to highlight them a bit more.....I used a wet wipe to wipe the ink off the surface a bit.......

Then I added my embellishments....some of the grunge ribbon that I colored with vintage photo ink and water.....one of my PDC Sunflowers that I previously made...

Some flowers that I had purchased from my friend Angie Hall Haviland and some other goodies.....and Voila!!  Done.......Isn't it cute!!! ;)  

So....That's it for me today....How about that Sports Fan!! LOL  No lonnnnnnnnnng drawn out post this time...Just was excited with this piece and couldn't wait to share it with you..I sure hope you like it as much as I do!!!!

I plan on spending a FUN full weekend in my ARTHaven this weekend and looking so forward to that!!!  I would like to THANK YOU so much for stopping by to visit with me......I wish you all a very blessed weekend and stay safe....please come by again....Until then....

No comments: