Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, February 17, 2013

A FUN Weekend for Me in My ARTHaven....

Hey Everyone.....don't you just love when when a plan comes together.....I had planned on spending the entire weekend in my ARTHaven just having FUN....and for the most part that's EXACTLY what I did.......just doing my own thing!!!!!  About a month ago I was watching all the videos from Creative Jumpstart.........(what a wonderful group of very gifted ARTists)......and it did just as described was their mission.......Jumpstart one's creativity!!!!  I fell in love with the idea of making my own background papers...and using stencils and mediums to add texture......as well as color...  So that was my goal for this weekend......go outside of my box and play with different mediums to create backgrounds for my ART....

I needed to make a couple of Birthday Cards and a Tag for a swap in my ARTHaven group......so away I went.......it was fun going at my own pace....I will say the hardest part is waiting for the pieces to dry in between each medium........I'll show you the completed ART then tell you what I did to make up the piece......So here we go...here's the first card.....





The part of this where the background was created from me is the brown layer over the pink card base......it started out as just plain white cardstock......then I took some of my Bead Gel and used a stencil I had previously cut out a couple of weeks ago......layed the stencil over the cardstock then used an oldcredit card and the Bead Gel and scrapped it across the stencil to fill in the pattern of the stencil.....then I carefully removed the stencil and set aside to dry.......(that's the part that drives me bonkers!!!! LOL).....once dried I then took several distress stains and put on the piece and spray water on it and then tilted the piece to get the stains to spread and mix on the piece.......I used a heat gun to dry it......then I took a wet wipe to wipe off the beads to lift some of the color off and allow the bead gel pattern to pop a bit more.......

Then I created the tag design you see on the card.....and added a birthday phrase for it and used my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter to do the Print and Cut Technique on it.......I just can't tell you how AWESOME a job my Silver Bullet paired with SCAL3 does on Print and Cut..........Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful!!!!  I then Scanned some stamps and did a shadow layer of the image then cut them out and stamped the image......I used my Distress stains and a waterbrush to paint the stamps  to make them look like watercolor....I gotta say this is probably one of my favorite ways to color images.....and I'm trying to get myself to do more coloring with digis and stamps....added some ribbon and this card is complete.

Now this is the last birthday card I made this weekend.........didn't do a background layer for it.....but did use a digi image......and this time used my Distress Markers to color........


So this card I also created the background layer.....it started out as drawing paper in an off white color.....added some scrap paper and tapes.....though you can't see them now...LOL  If you only knew how many layers of color was on this piece you would laugh....this was a great example of a piece that started out SUPER ugly.......so I just kept adding mediums......inks, gesso, gloss medium, fixative, inks, stains....texture medium....until I FINALLY got a color I rather liked.....so I allowed to dry really well...I have to laugh at how thick the paper got after all these layers.....but the end result I really am happy with.....I decided to run through my Big Kick with one of my Spellbinder Embossing sleeves........and then used a Memento Inkpad and hit the raised parts of the embossed design to give the design more definition......added some lace and ribbon.......Used on of the tags I had previously cut out and then colored more with stains and some irredicent color....LOVE this stuff!!!  I used another stamp image......and colored with more distress stains and a waterbrush....but then I GOOFED and used a stain dauber that left blops....I almost freaked then decided to use it as some of the character of the piece to give it an aged affect.....LOL  put a layer of irredicent color over the top...........I think it kinda works...





This is the Tag Design I created to use in the 2 cards above......I have it listed in My ETSY Store in case anyone is interested in it......

The GORGEOUS Doilie pattern you see as the background of this card is from Monica's AMAZING website...she does the most elegant detailed designs....just simply makes your mouth water.........

Now this last piece is a tag I did for a swap in my ARTHaven group........I created this background as well using a medium resin and a stencil.........then colored again with stains........

I used Adirondock Butterscotch Stain to color the flowers, leaves and ribbon......as well as used some of it on the tag along with other distress stains......I wanted my flowers to be all the same color temperature.....and I believe I got the results I was looking for......It really has an old vintagy feel to it....don't you think???? 





Okie dokie....yet another end to a post sharing my FUN with you....I so hope you enjoyed the pieces I had FUN creating this weekend....perhaps it might give you a few ideas??????  I, as always.....want to THANK YOU so much for stopping by to visit with me.....And I wish you all a very blessed week ahead!!!! Please do come by and visit with me again....Until then....

No comments: