Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, October 8, 2012

Time for Another Creative Cutting Challenge....

Hey Everyone...Me again....Guess what time it is.......It's time for another Creative Cutting Challenge from the Creative Pointe Design Team........
Creative Cutting Challenge
this one if for a Halloween Card...WOWZERS isn't it hard to believe Halloween is almost here!!!!

So...I wanted to make up something that was FUN but a bit spooky!!!  And this is how my end result came out.........I hope you like it....





I really had ALOT of fun creating this.....I made up a new file and used some of my older ones.......as well as used a few from Creative Pointe's Halloween Set as shown below.......

So to create this FUN card...I stared out my base using some of the Core Impressions from Graphic 45 Coordinations Patterned Paper that was already embossed and used my sanding block to remove some of the color off the top of half of the card layer......to give the affect of the ground and sky......

I then took all the files I created and chose for this creation into Sure Cuts Alot 3 and cut each of them out with my Silver Bullet Pro Cutter.....using regular cardstock in brown, orange, white & black.......it's after they were cut that I distressed them in different ways.....was lots and lots of fun!!!!  On the fence I used an embossing folder from The Paper Studio which is Hobby Lobby's store brand of embossing folders in the wood grain...I like the finer grain of this design....I distressed the edges of the pickets with ink in a darker brown....used foam squares to give more of a dimensional look......

The big moon I just made a big circle and cut in orange then distressed the edges with distress inks and a TH distressing sponge......I then coated with Versamark Dazzle in Champagne color and then coated with clear embossing powder and heat embossed....it lets the moon sparkle a bit.......I gotta say...it's the first time using a Versamark Dazzle pad....have used the regular ones alot but not the Dazzle....I REALLY like it!!!!

I used this pad on the ghosts the word circle the black layer behind the word circle....and also on the tombstone......I really really like how it made the tombstone look......makes it look like granite I think.....

On the word circle...I wrote out the words with a Sharpie and the Pen Tool and my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter....then I colored them with 2 of my Distress Markers...then sprayed with water to allow the markers to bleed and then dried with my heat gun.....it gave it just the look I was wanting....then I hit the edges with some dark brown ink and then coated with the dazzle Versamark pad....coated with clear embossing powder and heat embossed....gives it a bit of a spooky grungy look...don't ya think!!

For the owl I hit the background piece with a dark brown inkpad and then layered the body over the top....used an orange and brown Dick Blick Alcohol marker to color the beak on the owl.....then attached him like he is perched in the branches of the bare tree.....he's watching all the trick or treaters!! ;)  

I then took my Distresser from Zutter and distressed the edges of the background piece before attaching all the pieces for the card.......on the inside of the card I used some grey and orange cardstock with a bit of brown and a bat border I have........Voila!!!  Complete.....So I REALLY hope you like it...I think it turned out really FUN!!!!! 











So....that's my creation for this Challenge...I sure hope you like it and I hope it brings a smile to your face!!!  I...as always...want to THANK YOU so much for stopping by to visit with me.....I would like to wish you all a VERY blessed week!!!! I do hope you will come by and visit with me again......Until next time......

No comments: