Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 8, 2012

So I played today...for my first Challenge!!!!

Hey Everyone...Happy SATURDAY to you all....I hope you've all enjoyed a WONDERFUL day!!! The weather was SO GORGEOUS here today!!! Temps in the 70's.....How AWESOME huh!!!

So...I recently joined the online group Outlawz Challenges.....and they had a Challenge for September 3rd...creating anything with the theme of Music.........so I thought I would try my hand at it......here's what I came up with....

PDC Love Makes Your Heart Sing 09082012 (3)PDC Love Makes Your Heart Sing 09082012 (1)PDC Love Makes Your Heart Sing 09082012 (7)PDC Love Makes Your Heart Sing 09082012 (6)PDC Love Makes Your Heart Sing 09082012 (5)PDC Love Makes Your Heart Sing 09082012 (4)


I created this card using SEVERAL cut files!!!!!  Me and my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter had the BEST day today!!! The Doily is a file I just LOVE from Monica's blog.....here's the link to her AMAZING  creations!!!! http://www.fam-bjork.se/monicas-hobbysida/craft_robo.html  she creates the most detailed intricate files.....just AWESOME!!!!!
I used a border file I have.....my PDC Grungy Roses file that I created roses from.....I knew I wanted to have the music theme through the entire card...so I took a music sheet and scanned it....(as the actual music sheets were very very old and brittle).....Then I just printed with my Laser Printer front and back of the paper and then cut out my PDC Grungy Roses file and created the roses....I also used one of my Coffee Filter PDC Grungy Roses on this as well as a couple of my Coffee Filter PDC Cala Lily files......and some of my Ivy files.....and PDC Rose Leaf File.....
Then on the phrase...I created that one new today......so I could personalize it for this card.....I really like how it turned out......I printed out with black laser ink and then used my Foil Master and foiled the phrase in Bronze foil...though I think I might have had my Foil Master a we bit high on the temp......ooopppsss!!! LOL
But I still love the sheen you can see on the phrase when you angle the card.....I used foam squares to raise this up off the surface of the card.......added pearls to the bottom border...a bit of ribbon as a band.....and she's done!!!!  Don't you think it's pretty????....I do love it.......
So.....would you like to have that phrase?????? 
Okie Dokie...that does it for me for now......Hopefully I'll get to play more tomorrow!!! Hope you'll come back by and check.......Also...don't forget about the That's Scrap Fabric Blade Challenge going on through next Saturday!!!!  You'll want to check out the awesome creations and play along!!!!!  You can read more about it on my blog post here.....
I wish you all a VERY blessed remainder of your weekend...Hope to see you again...until next time!!!!

No comments: