Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Created for My Benefit...

Hey Everyone....Happy Happy Sunday to you all!!!! Such a nice cool morning here and I'm LOVING it!!!! ;)  So...While working in my ARTHaven I was tidying up......aren't we always doing that......drives me nuts to have things out when I'm not using them!!! LOL

I happened to want to move my craft sheet off my desk surface because I use my glass cutting board that I use all the time...cause I can heat on it without having the fear of warping, or melting or burning my table surface....so I don't use the craft mat as much.......I had 2 of them that I had taped together to make it long.....I separated them to put away when I decided to utilize one of them (the older one) to use in my melting pot........I measured the size of my melting pot and drew up a pattern in Inkscape.......exported to my SCAL3 software.......

Then I cut my oldest craft mat into 8 1/2x11 sheets to cover my cutting mat...(you really wouldn't need to cut it down if you have a large cutting mat you wanted to use....)  brayered it well and loaded into my Silver Bullet Professional Cutter........put my settings on 800 Velocity and 120 Force........I put 2 of the liners on my virtual mat and set it to cut....and it worked BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!
 
.I was able to EASILY cut 5 of the melting liners from the craft sheet I had!!! Not bad huh!!! ;)
 
I decided to list the file…in case anyone is interested in the file to make your own if you happen to have some extra craft mats laying around!!!
 
PDC Melting Liner
 
 
So...that's my crafty idea for the day.......sure hope you liked it.....and are able to get dual purpose for something you already had and wanted to use it in multiple ways!!!  I want to THANK YOU so much for stopping by....I wish you all a VERY blessed Sunday and do hope you will come by again!! Until then....
 

No comments: