Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Playing on a Saturday.....

Hey Everyone....can you believe it....I'm actually posting on a Saturday!!! LOL How about that!!!  I actually enjoyed a day in my ARTHaven and have been having some FUN!!!!  Thought I would share with you what I made.......So I was working the other day...(you know...the DAY JOBS that alot of us have....) and while going through some invoices and idea for a Tag Shawl popped in my head....LOL...Well I've FINALLY learned to quickly stop what I'm doing and sketch it out......and boy let me tell ya...it was a ROUGH sketch...

But at least it helped to continue to jog my pea brain on what I wanted to make.......so I came home and I got to play with one of my favorite programs...Inkscape.....such a fantastic little free program I tell you......creating a few new files for this vision as well as utilizing some leave files I've previously shared........here's the file design I came up with......

So.....Do you want to see my end result?????  I think it turned out kinda cute and almost as perfect as I had envisioned....I hope you like it......










I really had ALOT of fun making this....I cut out A BUNCH of the different leaves......using 2 different colored green papers........then I colored them with some of my homemade Shimmer Spritzers.........don't you just love the variegated colors of the leaves.......For the banner I used one of my Copic .05 markers and drew it out with my Pen Tool Holder from That's Scrap Inc. then cut out the shape......

So for the leaves I used a smooth green cardstock about 90# and a green bazzil paper about 110#.......cut with a Velocity of 800 and a Force of 100 & 110.......just whizzed right through all of these leaves in no time flat.....
Then I knew I wanted to make a few other items for this piece......a picket fence, a "helicoptor" (you know those things off the trees that as kids we referred to as helicoptors)....LOL....and I wanted a little acorn....so I decided to draw them up...........to cut them out I decided on using some paper from The Paper Temptress.....it's the Leather look.......I also used it for the trunk of the tree too....This paper is GORGEOUS....and it cuts BEAUTIFULLY with My Silver Bullet Professional Cutter.......had my Velocity on 800 and Force on 110..........I used this type paper for the tag base, the little seed pieces on the "helicoptors" the base of the acorn, the tree trunk and the picket fence.......Then I took the pieces of the picket fence and coated them with Perfect Medium and coated with embossing powder and heat embossed and repeated.....to give the picket fence a finished off look....
Then the other thing I wanted to show you was the edge detail on the tree top I drew.......you've GOT to check out just how WELL the Silver Bullet Professional Cutter cut out this tree......
I know I keep showing you lots of shots of the cuts from the Silver Bullet Professional Cutter but I can't stop myself....I just can't say enough what a FANTASTIC machine this cutter is.........
Ok......now I thought I would list other files I created for this file as well as some others I had made throughout the week.....maybe some of you might enjoy them??????? 
PDC Crab 8-13-2012

PDC Icicle Border 2 8-14-2012

PDC Icicle Border 8-14-2012

PDC Palm Trees 8-15-2012

PDC SeaHorse 8-13-2012

PDC Seaweed 8-13-2012

PDC Sheriff Badge 8-25-2012

So that does it for me tonight...I sure hope you enjoyed my LONGGGGGG post...LOL  And I do hope you will come by again.....And I get to PLAY again tomorrow!!! How about that!!! ;)  As always....THANK YOU so much for stopping by to visit with me.......It means more then you know...I do hope you'll come by again and I wish you all a very blessed day!!! Until next time....

No comments: