Pictures Missing from Posts?

Hey everyone......I would first like to Thank You for stopping by to visit with me......Some of my older posts you will find are missing photos...Some time back I had some issues with Google and they lost HUNDREDS of my photo links......and I honestly have not had the energy to go back through every post and figure out what they are.....SO...Please know you are most welcome to visit My ART Gallery of all ART I've created over the years...MY GALLERY OF ART

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Whew.....Long Time No Post.......

Hey Everyone.....Sure hope you're all having a FANTASTC day!!! It's a gorgeous sunny day here in my neck of the woods!!!!  Is it Friday Yet!!!! ;)  So....Yesterday was my youngest son's LAST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL!!! He is SO excited.....we do the official Commencement Ceremony on Friday evening and he is beyond thrilled!!!!  So hard for me to believe my babies are all out of school!!!  LOL How old I feel!! ;)

So...it seems like FOREVER since I've created anything.......Last weekend I didn't do much at all except break in my new recliner my hubby got me for Mother's Day... ;)  It's so comfy and cozy...I'm loving it...but it must have inspired me just a wee bit because I actually did play even if just a bit.......I love having pictures on my desk at work......so I can look at them and think of my babies and hubby while I'm working during the day......And the new rave now is Digital Photo Frames.......they hadn't much interested me before now.......BUT I've come to the realization they are PRETTY DARN AWESOME!!!! ESPECIALLY when you pair them with the My Memories Scrapbooking program!!!!!  Talk about FUN FUN FUN!!!  I decided to work up a few layouts using the program and display them with my digital photo frame.......Just have to now confess......I'm converted to Scrapbooking....LOL...Well.......DIGITAL anyway!!! ;)  I generally love creating my own things in Corel Paint Shop Pro.......however if you want a really fun and cool program to use in depth or using the kits where others make up the layouts for you......then you will LOVE the My Memories Scrapbooking Program....

Recently I've made a huge move and took all of my photos off my photobucket account and moved them over to Picasa which is tied in with Google EVERYTHING!! ;)  And it's a perfect solution.......Google has come along way for us users of their products and they way they work so seemlessly together is a DREAM!!!!  Especially with Googe+ ....it's WONDERFUL......With Picasa you can decide how you want to share your items...if at all.......and you can sync your albums to every piece of hardware you have........so I only have to take the photo one time....and it is automatically synced to all of my devices where I have access to them at all times........Now..you  tell me...how flippin easy is that!!!!

A co-worker of mine shared a link to an article the other day that is SO VERY TRUE about what our kids will never use that we think is the cutting edge of technology today........I thought it was so interesting and VERY TRUE....I can see alot of these things going by the wayside already....One being the need for hard  drives or desktop or for that matter almost laptops.........I have both of those as well as a tablet and of course my smart phone.....and with the apps that are being created for the tablets......and the touch screen abilities.....it's so darn easy......I take a pic with my phone and I have it set to automatically upload the images to my Picasa album into a private folder for me then to manipulate and tweek how I care to......Anyway...sorry to drag on...getting off topic here...LOL ....here's a link to the article if you might be interested in reading.......


Now back to my creating....LOL.....Sorry.....it just am SUCH A GEEK and LOVE technology and love to share what I learn about it....hehehe....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........Back to my Digital Photo Frame......So...I've shared how I created some layouts I quickly created using the My Memories Scrapbooking program.........Well....here's what my frame looked like when I bought it......

A decent looking frame as it is........for a plain frame....but you know me.....I can't stand to leave it not "tweeked"....LOL...so I took the middle out of the frame....comes out by removing 4 small screws.......so I could then play with the wood frame.........Wanna see what I did?????? 






Ain't it pretty!!!! ;)  I absolutely LOVE crackle....LOL can you tell.....And I love how EASY it is to do......all I use is a product called Deco ART Weathered Wood Crackle Medium...the bottle looks like this...

It's AMAZING stuff....because you are NOT limited to what color of paints you want to use........I love using the bottles of paint that you can get in a gazillion colors and mix and match to get the color I want for a project....so all I do is prepare my frame with whatever color I want the base of the frame to be...allow to dry....then paint a layer of the above product on the frame...allowing to dry throughly...then paint on a layer of my color of acrylic paint of choice and allow to dry....and VOILA!!!!!!  It's AWESOME and SUPER SUPER easy to use!!!!  I have a great big bottle of the stuff and it lasts and lasts and it's NOT very pricey at all...you can easily get it at Michaels or Joann's.......and order online of course...I swear by this stuff!!!

So...I have one more to show you.....I was truly touched when my future Daughter in Law asked me if I would take a frame that contains a cherished picture of one of her grandmothers and "Penny Duncan" it...ROFL....How sweet is she!!!! LOL  I've made her several altered frames in the past several years and I'm so touched and blessed that she cherishes every one of them.....so imagine my sincere humbleness when she asked ME to do it to this frame containing a picture that means so much to her......I quickly said SURE I would.....So here's how it turned out.....



The swirly rhinestones on the sides are some that began as clear.....and I just took one of my alchol markers and colored them the color I needed for my project....I loving doing that as it's really a money saver....I just purchase clear rhinestones in various sizes or swirls and white or off white pearl in various sizes or swirls and I'm good to go.........saves lots of $$$$ for other goodies!!! ;)

Then one last thing I wanted to share with you is a Mama's Braggin' moment....I wanted to show you how my baby and his dates looked for their Senior Prom.....and to show you their corsages and boutineer I made for them.......You did read that correctly...LOL His "dates"......one of his best friends ended up not being able to attend Prom so Dylan offered to take his girlfriend as one of his dates.......what a sweetie my baby is!!!!








 Okie dokie...LOL...did you stick with me?????  I sure hope so...And I want to THANK YOU so much for stopping by to visit with me!!!!  I hope you enjoyed my post and I truly hope you will come by to visit with me again..I wish you all a VERY blessed day!!!! Until next time!!! ;)

25 comments:

  1. OH I love the frame.....and the colors are some of my favorite.
    and what great pictures of Dylan the the ladies....
    Love you Penny.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frames are so beautiful! And, your flowers were the perfect finishing touch for Dylan and his dates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the pictures of Dylan. Definitely a proud mamma moment. The corsages and boutonniere are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Penny! I especially like the corsages! Gorgeous as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning frames Penny! Love your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief! I gave up my Android smart phone, ended my Verizon account, and am trying everything possible to get away from Google's gross invasion of privacy. They took pictures I had put on a blog, put them in a Picasa account I didn't want, and then put them on my phone without my knowledge or permission. They have turned everyone with a Google account into a searchable database, available to any advertiser who pays for YOUR name and your family's names, and everything ever put on your Google account about yourself, your family and your friends, so they can track us by the things we like to do or the things we buy in order to become the pawns of targeted advertising! I cannot imagine anybody liking it once they know what Google is really doing to them. That isn't technology - it is privacy rape. Please Penny, please - research this issue and discover why hundreds of thousands of people have left Google over the issues that you have embraced as wonderful technology. It is NOT for your benefit - it is only THEIRS, and their advertisers. I have spent days tracking down all the advertisers that were tracking me from website to website with targeted advertising, and opting out, and there were hundreds of them, all thanks to Google synching everything I did online. I can't begin to tell you how creepy it is to become their target! And yet, I have to post here under my "Google Account", but it gags me to have to do so. I am a geek, too, but a security conscious one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have done research....sadly......Google is being singled out...when ALL internet companies do this very thing...Facebook is another prime candidate of it.....but the hard facts are....that is where are future is going.......that is the direction the internet is headed........I'm ok with them targeting ads that interest me....it allows even the small mom and pops to get their stores seen by the world to potentially help them further their business...

    I so appreciate your concern and sharing your thoughts with me........it means alot.....but in my case....I'm OK with it......If anyone wants to find out stuff about a person bad enough......it doesn't matter if you're out there on the web or not....they WILL find it out....I say that as a matter of fact because that is exactly what happened to my oldest son and he doesn't mess with the internet...does not have a Google account...does not have a Facebook account.....and they still found out his life history...and the scary part is...it was a stalker......so in reality....it doesn't matter.....sure you can do things to make you feel better....but if the person (or creep) wants it bad enough....they're going to get it....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Penny what a handsome chappie your Son is, I would have gladly been another one of his dates 2 lucky stunning girls they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny
    It doesn't surprise me that your son opted to take "two dates". He IS your son after all. :) (amazing mother, amazing son)
    The girls are beautiful and your son is soooo handsome. The corsages are just perfect.
    Now on to something else---your frames are gorgeous.
    I wish I was more savvy regarding all the new technology but I have to be content with the bits I learn.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing all this information Penny! Your son and his dates are so cute all coordinated in pink and those flowers you made are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your frames are gorgeous and your flowers were stunning- the perfect finishing touch to their prom outfits!!! What a sweet young man to take his fried's girl and you as well to make her a corsage also! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny I,m so glad to hear from what I feel is an old friend.you have one handsome son.I remember this milestone in my life when my youngest graduated from high school.The frame you fixed is really beauitful.I can't wait for you to do some more files.Look luck on your sons big day.
    God Bless,Jocelan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny The Frame for your office desk is so stunning. I love it! What fun to be able to change the look and whole feel of it, not to mention the Beauty!! Your so lucky your Daughter in law comes to ask you to do her framed picture. Now that's when you know your truly gifted. How generous you are to do that for her also. How proud you must be of your youngest son to almost be done with High School. Turns out he's a sweetie like his Mom, offering to take his friends date with he and his date. Now that is truly Selfless on his and his dates part. Your Wrist Corsages are just gorgeous and I love how you put his Boutineer in the silver to make it look like it's in a small vase or something. He is so cute. They all look pretty happy in the pictures. Congratulations on getting both your boys through high school and graduated.
    Love what you did with your Frames. May try one of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny, those frames are just beautiful! You are so creative girl :). Wonderful photos of your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny, long time no post, it is just fantastic to see your LONG post today, and have a lot of fun to "go through" your life and family activities, thanks for sharing and all beautiful and adorable, God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to Dylan - give him a hug! Your frames are wonderful and you did a really beautiful job with the flowers for graduation - you go girl! Diann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always love coming onto your blog penny, your ideas are so inspiring and get me wanting to get some crafting done, good on you penny xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Penny, your frames are wonderful! Great idea to be able to change them when ever.

    I bet the girls loved their flowers. What a nice keepsake! They don't have to worry about them wilting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Penny, cute kids and I love the corsages! Great looking frames you made too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Penny, Dylan looks soooo handsome, and his two girls are so beautiful too! What a gorgeous picture, and what lovely flowers, too. You have every right to be a proud mama - he's a credit to you! Your frames are awesome... Such a lovely post altogether.

    I do agree with Barbara, though - I'm pretty fed up with Google if the truth be told. They now control Youtube as well. Recently something went wrong with my Google account and everything was blocked - I couldn't get at anything owned by Google - my blog, Youtube, Google+, my google account generally. Too many eggs in one basket can be a disaster, so I'm staying with PhotoBucket which does everything I need it to do. The Pro subscription allows me to back up all my photos at full resolution, and as many as I want, and it links so well with my forums too. I don't like the way Google handles (or rather, doesn't handle) security, and I had an issue with it setting up Google+ as it wouldn't allow me to do it without putting my surname, which I changed to a fictitious one, but because everything is under one account, that name is across the board now. Lots of people have complained about this. For people whose nationality doesn't actually give them surnames (for example, my dad was at college with a man called simply "Leong" - no first or surname) can't log on because they haven't a second name to add!

    Another thing about Google is Blogger - they don't seem to be able to get their act right, and the wretched thing is always malfunctioning, not loading properly, not allowing people to leave comments, time-outs, you name it. Everyone seems to be complaining about their new set-up too. On your recommendation, Penny, I still use LiveWriter for composing my blog posts and that works just fine.

    Seamless is fine - when everything is working - but I prefer my eggs in separate baskets where at least some of them will be safe.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your email reply to my comment, Penny - I thoroughly respect your views - and agree to differ lol!!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Prom pics are awesome I know you are one proud Mom, and he is one proud man to have 2 beautiful prom dates!!!!!
    Have a blessed evening!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are totally awesome, you just blow me away sometimes, gonna look for one of those digital frames this weekend. Thank you so much for sharing your "PennyDucan-ness".

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Penny.... I just sent you an email, a reply from an email you sent me a while back. I wasn't sure if it's still active so I thought I would touch base here. If you didn't receive it, let me know!

    Always happy to check in here. Stamp collecting can be never ending ehh! I saw one girl on the interet who had a collection of punches....some 1100 or so of them!!! Isn't that outragous?!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment on my post...I hope you have a very blessed day!!!
In Christ...Penny Duncan