Translate

My Cutting Files

Hello Everyone...after much thought I have decided once again to share my cutting files with you all....If you are interested there is a link at the top of my blog underneath the header which will take you to my download site for the files.....Please be aware...while browsing through my previous blogposts... when you find a file you like.....the link for that image is broken...you will need to go to the link at the top of my blog to do a search for the file to download....as it is too time consuming to go through each and every post and correct the links for the files. I trust you will all understand this.
I too, will again offer the entire collection for purchase on DVD if anyone would be interested...you will find the option for that in my ETSY store....As I create new files they will be complied on a DVD in the future for those who prefer to combine that way.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Sunday….What a Beautiful Day!!….

Hey Everyone……I hope you’ve all been enjoying your weekend!!!!  I’ve enjoyed a weekend mostly in my ARTHaven…when I wasn’t running around…..This weekend my goal was to use the SCAL 3 (Sure Cuts A lot 3) to use the Print & Cut technique they’ve just recently added for the Black Cat family of cutters!!!!  All I can say is…OH MY GOODNESS!!! It is FANTASTIC!!!!! I was quite amazed that it was spot on with the first calibration!!!  I can see that I will be going back to SCAL and be a very dedicated user once again!!! This makes me SO happy…..cause it’s the first software I started with when I got my first cutting machine…you know….the Crapcuts..LOL 
So I cut out a bottle graphic image using the PNC Technique…then I created a  flourishy tag…..added the “texture” to it…..printed then did the PNC technique to it as well…..Let’s just say…AWESOME!!!!  So…now I have the 2 pieces….what am I going to do with them!!! LOL  So I went to my ART table and started playing….pulled out some cuts I had previously done of my PDC Grungy Rose file in off white and pulled out a bunch of supplies……Here’s everything I used……

And here’s what I came up with once I was finished…..










I love how it came out…..I used a couple of different techniques…..on the flower and the background of the tag and on the bottle I used the resist technique with my Versamark pad and clear embossing powder…….using the lace acrylic stamp on the flower pieces and the bottle…..used the polka dot stamp for the tag…….once embossed on the rose pieces I used the Fireworks spritz in the 2 colors shown above…..but before that and before using the lace stamp I hit the edges of the flower petals with my Memento Rich Cocoa stamp pad…so you’ll notice the Firewords spritz colored the paper where the Versamark ink did not go…..I absolutely LOVE this look….I’ll be making more roses like this!!!!
for the bottle…it was a digital graphic that I printed out with my laser color printer….then I stamped with the lace stamp with Versamark Stamp pad and embossed with clear embossing powder….then I took some Adirondack Expresso Color Wash (which I failed to show in the image above) and dabbed off….but look at the SUPER COOL affect I got from the ink from the laser printer against the Color Wash…makes the bottle look really grungy and rusty…don’t you think…I LOVE it…..
Then on the tag that is stamped with the phrase…that’s the one that I printed the graphic and then did the PNC technique on…I hit the edges of this tag with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and my Ink distressing tool….and then stamped the phrase with Memento Rich Cocoa…..
On the tag background I used the polka dot stamp and Versamark pad then coated with clear embossing powder and heat embossed…the base of the tag was off white when I started….then I used a combination of Vintage Photo & Victorian Velvet Distress Inks and my Ink Distressing pads to color……
I used some lace bunched up and glued down on both sides of the tags and adhered the bottle with double thickness foam tape….Voila!!!!!  Done……Super easy but the impact is huge I think!!! I LOVE it……It was so much fun to just start with a couple of things and build from there with no idea of what I wanted to do!!!  That’s the way I work best!!!  How about you?????


Okie Dokie….Think that’s it for me for the evening!!! I’m so thrilled that I actually created 2 things this weekend!!! It is SO much FUN playing in my ARTHaven when my family is relaxed in the Living Room watching TV and I can still chat with them…..PERFECT scenario for me!!!!  I joked with a friend who viewed my most recent ARTHaven tweek that my home is NOT one that you will see in the Better Homes & Gardens magazines…..I just don’t enjoy living that way……I live in what works for ME…..so my home is not what everyone else would enjoy…but THANKFULLY I have a hubby who is super supportive of my ART passion and doesn’t mind me having my ARTHaven in our Living Room…If you wanna see my latest ARTHaven Tweek you can see it on the left side of my blog…..I have a link to my album……
As always…I want to THANK YOU so much for stopping by to visit with me!!!!  I hope you all are having a blessed day…..I also hope you will come by and visit again and I pray you all have a very blessed and amazing week!!!! Until next time…..

No comments: