Translate

My Cutting Files

Hello Everyone...after much thought I have decided once again to share my cutting files with you all....If you are interested there is a link at the top of my blog underneath the header which will take you to my download site for the files.....Please be aware...while browsing through my previous blogposts... when you find a file you like.....the link for that image is broken...you will need to go to the link at the top of my blog to do a search for the file to download....as it is too time consuming to go through each and every post and correct the links for the files. I trust you will all understand this.
I too, will again offer the entire collection for purchase on DVD if anyone would be interested...you will find the option for that in my store....As I create new files they will be complied on a DVD in the future for those who prefer to combine that way.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Happy Monday!!!!

Hey Everyone….I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful weekend!!!!  It was a very nice for the most part all weekend long!!!  NO severe weather so that was definitely a plus!!!!
I had a wee bit of playing this weekend…..I was trying to decided how to handle my website……I’ve made the decision to retain my blog as it is…..since it’s what everyone is used to……but have made some slight modifications……You’ll see at the top of my blog there is now a tab for CLASSES…..As I decide on what kind of classes to offer I will add  the selections to this page……that way they’ll be easy to find……I’ve decided the best solution for me is to use a combination of Skype and Sky Remote….if you’ve not heard or used them before….here’s the links for them below……
They’re both pretty cool programs!!!  You might want to check them out if you haven’t before….
In regards to my cut files…..I made a tough choice to just relist them on my ETSY store…..I’m trying to group big collections for those who might have been interested in certain categories over others……as well as listing some individually…IF you have a particular file that you are interested in and I don’t have it listed…you’re always welcome to email me and I can get it posted on my ETSY store……It’s just a process that is going to take along time to complete….I just decided I was not happy with the way Google Docs handled the files and choose not to use a paid system to host all of my files to distribute…I pray you all can understand that!!!  I enjoy creating and do plan to continue but will handle in the manner in the future…..Thank you all for understanding…..
So after all of that getting sorted I did need to work on an ATC swap for my ARTHaven group that I am a wee bit late on….Oooooppppsss…..And of all things for the theme to have been… WINTER!!! LOL And we’re all ready for spring….hehehe…so just one last piece to finish off the winter season right…LOL  I had fun doing this…I knew I didn’t want to use usual winter colors……and I love the grungy kind of look……so here’s what I came up with…..






I  had a lot of fun creating this piece…..used several techniques on this and lots of TH goodies…..Distress Inks, Tissue Tape, Alcohol Inks….lots of fun!!!!
I created my own mask with some plastic sheets that I get from AllThatJazzSupplies.com  You can find them here…. http://allthatjazzsupplies.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=46 it’s really great quality plastic and cuts like butter with my Black Cat Lynx cutter named “Sable”….I cut it in a 21/2” x 31/2” size and you can see the amazing cut I got from the piece……..

On this piece you might notice I ran through my Xyron sticker machine so I could tack it to my piece I wanted to mask …..I really like the way the edges of the ATC’s looked……then I cut more of them out and ran through a snowflake embossing folder then colored with alcohol inks and my cotton pads using the same color tones and the distress inks I used…and colored the snowflakes this way as well…..
For the background of the ATC itself I did the resist technique with some snowflake acrylic stamps I have……such a simple step but what a wonderful effect  you achieve……and colored with Distress Inks in Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Vintage Photo & Mustard Seed……love the vintagy look of how it turned out……
For the stamped piece I scanned the stamp to create the exact circle shadow piece I needed and cut out with “Sable” and then stamped and embossed my image onto a pre-distress inked piece….I stamped in Vintage Photo then dipped in embossing powder and embossed……I used tissue tape in little loops behind and then backed that with another circle to secure…..used foam dots to adhere to my piece…..Oh yeah…a note on attaching the plastic layer…I used some clear adhesive dots on the piece that would not show and then placed my stamped piece over it…..
I added the snowflakes to the top of the stamped piece and added  a bit of ribbon behind it…..I really am happy with the end result……what do you think????
Not really what you would think of as Winter though huh!!! LOL   Hopefully the recipients will like it…..
Okie Dokie….I “think” this catches me up for the day……it’s another working world day…..but I would much rather be right her in my ARTHaven!!!  I, as always….want to say THANK YOU so much for stopping by to visit with me…..I pray you have a VERY blessed day….Please do come by again…until then….

No comments: