Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Row Row Row your Boat…..

Cheesy title huh!!! LOL  Have to excuse me…   It’s been a few days since my last post!!! I’ve been having the BIGGEST brain fog on a Birthday card I needed to create for an order I had received……it’s for a fella…..doesn’t like frills..(of course…LOL duhhhh)……likes more simplistic things…..but loves the beach, gaming, photography, cooking, music, choir and the list goes on and on……TOO MANY CHOICES!!   But then it FINALLY hit me……and I ran with the idea that came to mind……and created a few new files in the process to accomplish my vision…….And must say….I’m quite happy with the results….wanna see?????
YES YES….I MUST put you through the pain and make you look!!!!









Not sure if you can see the “sand” and the “water” very well on this card….but for the “sand” I used some stuff I had purchased a couple of years ago at one of the CKC Conventions I went to….it’s called Bahama Beach from a company called MuddPuddles.net It’s pretty cool stuff and it does look like sand…don’t you think???  for the “water” I had printed off the image with my Laser Color Printer…..then took some Glossy Accents and covered ALL of the water area…..spread it out with my fingers and allowed to dry……doesn’t the water look wet???? I LOVE how it turned out…….

Notice the dock, the chairs and the boat oars and bottom……doesn’t it look like wood????? Well…..it IS!!!!  I will admit….it was a bugger to work with as it kept splitting off the page because I did such small cuts……but it really did cut beautifully with my Black Cat Lynx “Sable”…….I had the Velocity set to 50 with my 60 degree Plus blade and a force of 120……..

All the wording on this card I printed out with my Laser printer on mono black print then foiled with a Bronze foil and my Foil Master that I purchased from Sherri at That’sScrapInc.com ….the foil I purchased from Dawn at ThymeGraphics……..they have some AMAZING products!!!!
Something else I used on this project that I hadn’t really worked with before is some of the Distress Stains from Tim Holtz…..now I’ve always LOVED his distress inkpads……and reinkers……but hadn’t yet used the bottled stains….Well…I LOVE them…..so easy to use I will be using more of them in the future….

So this was the creation I came up with….I think it turned out masculine looking……and hope he will like it as well as the person who ordered it from me…So…..wonder if any of you would be interested in any of the files????? Well if you would I’m sharing them here……






Okie Dokie…….I “think” that catches me up for tonight…..I sure hope you enjoyed your visit???? And I do sincerely hope you will come by again….As always…THANK YOU SO MUCH for stopping by to visit with me!!!! I pray you are all having a very blessed week!!!! Until next time….

No comments: