Translate

My Cutting Files

Hello Everyone...after much thought I have decided once again to share my cutting files with you all....If you are interested there is a link at the top of my blog underneath the header which will take you to my download site for the files.....Please be aware...while browsing through my previous blogposts... when you find a file you like.....the link for that image is broken...you will need to go to the link at the top of my blog to do a search for the file to download....as it is too time consuming to go through each and every post and correct the links for the files. I trust you will all understand this.
I too, will again offer the entire collection for purchase on DVD if anyone would be interested...you will find the option for that in my store....As I create new files they will be complied on a DVD in the future for those who prefer to combine that way.

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Good Morning…Happy Sunday!!!!!

I hope you are all having a WONDERFUL weekend!!!! And those who are participating in the Crop over at BlackCatUS.com forum I just KNOW you are having a blast!!! There are SO many amazing projects to work on…….
So yesterday I started working on the 2nd of 3 Wall Displays I needed to make for winners of my blog hop back in May……Yes I know..I still don’t have them all done!!! Buy…HEY…I’m making progress…hope that counts for something!!!!  
So this next one I created is for Kathy over at Kathy’s Little Corner.  Kathy shared with me that her favorite colors are purple, forest green, black and darker blues……So….since my favorite color is purple that one immediately stood out to me….and I love black and green…..and I knew I wanted to do some engraving with my Lynx “Sable”……Oh yeah and she said she liked birdcages too…….so here’s what I came up with….





I SURELY hope I hit it on the mark for Kathy….I really REALLY hope she likes it….it was fun to make but I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to come together…….I “think” it did….
On the engraved piece I created the frame and engraved it…..I’m attaching the cut file for the frame with a mat layer I created below……then I cut around, with my tonic scissors, the design to get as close to it as I could…a very slow process…   and then of course distressed with alcohol inks and colored in the phrase with a black sharpie and then used blending solution over that…..I like the aged distressed look of it…..kinda blends in with the background paper fairly nicely don’t you think……
For the background piece it was already a metallic paper……so I ran it through my laser printer and printed the black swirly frame you see….Love the affect!!! I only wish I had gotten my supply of foil for my new Foil Master cause it would have been even MORE beautiful…….but I still like the results of this…….
As you are all sick of seeing probably….I made even more roses to blend with the colors in the piece, added ribbon, rhinestones and diamond pins along with a birdcage I made and little birdy!!!  Oh yeah…and I added one of my dragon flies and butterflies….And I called her complete……I SO SO SO hope it’s something Kathy will enjoy!!!!
So if you’re interested in either of the frames I created to make this piece I’m sharing them here…..


Now I just wanted to share with you a sample of what my AWESOME new machine will do……I had been watching this machine for a while……it’s in the Black Cat Line of equipment….it’s called the Foil Master….
And I ordered it from Sherri over at That’s Scrap Inc.  Well I just got some sample sheets in the box but have some yummy yummy colors of foil coming my way that I ordered from Dawn over at Thyme Graphics…..so I took a piece of the sample foil and printed off  (in black laser toner) onto just regular Georgia Pacific 110# cardstock from Wally World… the phrase…”Believe in Love”……then placed my foil with the colored side face up over the words….placed a regular piece of printer paper over the top and inserted into my Foil Master that I had preheated to 165° and it worked BEAUTIFULLY!!!! Check this out….

It could NOT have been easier!!!!!  And the COOL COOL thing about this…..I can also use this machine as a laminator……Wahoooooooooooooooooo….a multi purpose piece of equipment……So now I’ll be getting rid of my Your Story cause I only used it for the laminating anyway!!!!  I am SO EXCITED about this new “toy”!!! I have SO many ideas going through my pea brain….LOL just not enough hours in the day!!!!
Ok….so that’s it for me for now….I so hope you found something you enjoy…As always…THANK YOU SO MUCH for stopping by to visit with me….I do hope you will come by again…and I also hope you are having a very blessed day!!!! Until next time….

No comments: