Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

It’s a THURSDAY!!!!

Hey Everyone…..I hope you’re all having a wonderful week so far!!! I’m happy to say this was my Friday for the week and I get to spend the next 4 days in my ARTHaven!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh ME!!
So…..I had something I’ve been working on this week and wanted to share it with you as I think it turned out rather nice…..In the process of creating this I also decided to go ahead and work up a tutorial on creating my PDC Grungy Long Stem Roses…….I've had several ask how I make them and since I've added a few steps I thought it best to maybe work up a new tutorial…..
Now keep in mind this all started out as white and green cardstock, some metal and wire………..I love it and I hope you will as well…….











Notice the tag…..this was actually some copper metal I had purchased from Tyler at AllThatJazzSupplies.com  I used my Lynx “Sable” to engrave the poem onto it then distressed with some alcohol inks and then did a mat layer for it in watercolor paper making it into a tag also printed the poem on the inside in case some had problems reading the small print and then leaving a place for someone to write a personal message……I REALLY REALLY REALLY….did I say REALLY LOVE the engraving……as I’ve started using a new program (to ME) to cut out all my files with my Lynx….it’s called Signcut…it works in conjunction with Inkscape (which I LOVE) so I can just create and then send directly to cut without having to send to another program……..AND it allows me to do as much detail in the engraving as I care to…….I’ve come to realize that MTC (thought it’s a great program) can’t handle the amount of detail in an engraving file when I fill in the fonts to engrave fully…..



I’m showing several pictures of this bouquet so you can see that I tweeked my roses all different and even created some into rose buds to give the bouquet a bit more of a realistic look…….

Of course I had to add some of my dragonflies and butterflies to the piece!!!!
So in creating this piece I did work up a couple of files…..thought I would share them here and also a link to the PDC Grungy Rose File incase anyone wanted it that didn’t already get it….



Then I had a request earlier in the week for a briefcase gift card holder so I worked one up for the person……..she loved it so I thought I would share it with you here in case anyone else is interested in it……
I’ve had several people email me asking me what I think about my Lynx……I LOVE sharing with everyone exactly what I think about my machine….there are not enough postive words in the English Dictionary to describe it fully….the more I use this machine the more I love it more and more every single day!!!!!

Soooooooooooooooooo…I “think” this FINALLY catches me up………I hope you enjoyed your visit……and I REALLY REALLY hope you will come back by tomorrow as I’m participating in a June Mini Crop with members of our Black Cat USA Forum……

Don't forget the June Mini Crop.  It begins Friday night at 5 p.m. Central time!!!!!!!!!  We have five amazing challenges to help you prepare for Spring and Father's Day along with some great prizes!!!!!
I will have a new tutorial and flower design to offer up for the challenge.…So I hope you’ll come back by!!!!!
I would like to THANK YOU if you made it this far and I would like to wish you all a VERY BLESSED WEEKEND!!!!  Until next time….


No comments: