Pictures Missing from Posts?

Hey everyone......I would first like to Thank You for stopping by to visit with me......Some of my older posts you will find are missing photos...Some time back I had some issues with Google and they lost HUNDREDS of my photo links......and I honestly have not had the energy to go back through every post and figure out what they are.....SO...Please know you are most welcome to visit My ART Gallery of all ART I've created over the years...MY GALLERY OF ART

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Wednesday Everyone……

I hope you’re all enjoying a wonderful week thus far!!!  It’s a bit rainy here but thankfully no severe weather!!!!

So I have officially completed the 1st of the 3 wall hangings I’m doing for three winners of my blog hop a couple of weeks ago…….I thought I would share it with you as I was quiet happy with the way it turned out……

I’ve also fallen in love with being able to do the FILL feature in my pieces so when I engrave pieces with my Lynx “Sable” I’m able to fill in the inside of the pieces so it’s not just the outline of something…it is WAY COOL!!!!!!  I am now using a combination of Inkscape & Signcut software to allow me to do this and it is the perfect match for me!!!!  Anyway….Here’s the piece if you would care to see….

P1030717

P1030714

P1030715

P1030713

This piece is for Retta….her blog is called Royal Inspirations and she shared with me her favorite colors so I’m “hoping” she will love this piece…….time will tell…..

To create this I used some of the metal sheets from Tyler at AllThatJazzSupplies.com and it works BEAUTIFULLY!!!!  It started out silver but I distressed with alcohol inks before I engraved it…..ended up not liking it so I used alcohol blending solution to remove most of the color…..then tried using silver rub n buff on the engraving….didn’t like that either so then I took more alcohol blending solution and denatured alcohol and between the two got most of all of it off and a lot of scrubbing and ended up with this…what I call a “happy accident” cause it has just enough of a petina on the metal that I really like the affect…….

I just knew I didn’t want to start the piece complete over as it took a good 5 hours at a velocity of 600 to engrave it…LOL  but I love how it turned out…..

So I thought I would go ahead and share the frame design I created in case anyone might be interested in it…..you’ll see it twice listed below….One is the frame without the design being filled and the other is with the design filled…….I’m doing this because I know that the filled piece is too much for MTC and SCAL to handle…..I know this because I tried and it kept locking up the program….not at all slighting the programs….they’re great programs….but they’re not meant to handle this many nodes……It zipped on through with Inkscape & Signcut which is another reason I have fallen in love with this combination!!! Winking smile

PDC Retta Engrave Design Frame 6-12-2011

PDC Retta Engrave Design Frame 6-12-2011

SVG / DXF / WPC / GSD / PDF / EPS

PDC Retta Engrave Design Frame Hatch Filled 6-12-2011

PDC Retta Engrave Design Frame Hatch Filled 6-12-2011

SVG / DXF / WPC / GSD / PDF / EPS

Then while playing with Inkscape and watching some more tutorials….one can never learn enough I created the doilie you see below….it was so much FUN…it all started out as a starburst and I went from there with it….I have cut this and it cuts GREAT!!!!!!

PDC Doilie 6-11-2011

PDC Doilie 6-11-2011

SVG / DXF / WPC / GSD / MTC / EPS / PDF

Okie Dokie….that catches me up for now….I so hope you’ve found something here you like!!! Winking smile  As always…THANK YOU so very much for stopping by to visit with me…..I wish you all a VERY blessed day!!! And I do hope you will come by again…..Until next time…..

34 comments:

  1. Hi Penny,oh my gosh,your wall hanging is fantastic Retta is one lucky lady.Thank you for sharing your doillie.
    Hope you are having a lovely day.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just amazing Penny! You are always about 25 steps ahead of everyone else. That's for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wowwwww the wall hanging is gorgeous!!! the blue pops like heaven! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Penny! Love all the gorgeous details and the flowers are perfect,. I know she will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...Penny. This is gorgeous! Beautiful colors and gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny!! Absolutely phenomenal!!!! REALLY!!! WOW Thank you so very much for such a giving heart.---You will be even more blessed!!! Huge hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooow!!! how beautiful, love your flower. And colours combo just prefect. Well, you know all this already. lol.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truely am blessed and I do absolutely love it. It will be the greatest reminder of My Lord and of you dear sister in God. Thank you from the bottom of my heart I so appreciate this. Much love1

    Retta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome,amazing,astonishing, awe-inspiring, beautiful, breathtaking, grand, impressive, magnificent, majestic, mind-blowing, moving, overwhelming, something else, striking, stunning, wonderful, wondrous, and did I mention, I love it?????
    Hugs
    **U**
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely breathtaking- stunning project!!! You amaze me with your incredible projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much for sharing these beautiful freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wall hanging is beautiful. Wow!

    I did download the beautiful doilie. Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh geesh penny. i would give my eye teeth for an oz of your mind. this is gorgeous. i am speechless gorgeous!!! wow!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Penny
    This hanging is spectacular! So amazing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny, it is a masterpiece, it is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Penny,
    Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talents with us. You really are an amazing person and a blessing to all of us who love to be inspired by you. I can't believe how truly talented you are and still willing to share with us all. Thank you so much, I hope someday I can thank you in person.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely! Thanks so much for sharing! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you for sharing, and you creation is beautiful
    hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Penny, the wall hanging is outstanding and the doily is great. I am doing a heritage scrapbook for someone and know I will be using this file. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for all your work and sharing your talents with us. We appreciate your. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Penny the intricate designs you have been able to work out with the two programs and your new Lynx are amazing. The flowers and Frame are Totally Gorgeous! I am sure whoever receives the beautiful wall hangings will be in jaw dropping disbelief..... I am also very sure they will not believe you have taken the amount of time you have, to Bless them with such a beautiful gift. Such a very generous gift and Keepsake. You truly are a very talented and generous artist. Thanks for all you do and all you share.
    Cynde

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Penny, Penny, Penny! It is beautiful. I am so going to try this one day when I get my Black Cat. Absolutly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning frame Penny,wish it was coming to me.
    Love the doilie SVG file just cut it and used it on as card over on my blog if you want to see
    http://wendyscraftingtimes.blogspot.com/2011/06/doily-card.html
    It cut like a dream thanks Penny

    ReplyDelete
  24. Of course she will love it. It is absolutely gorgeous, Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Penny, Thank you sooo much. Your talent is truly a God send. I love reading your posts. While reading this one, I was wishing for the file and what do you know, you are once again sharing them. I recently received my cougar and can't wait to play. You are a true inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautifulo penny! that engraving is amazing! love the doily cut file too, I'll have to snag it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fantastic project! The flowers are just gorgeous!! Thanks for the frames & doily too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Penny you consistently amaze me! Retta is one lucky lady to have such a gorgeous piece of your artwork! Thank you so much for sharing your files. You are incredibly generous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm obviously going at this from present to past, but I LOVE this wall hanging. One of my very favorite Bible verses with that awesome engraving. Thanks for the Doilie file.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment on my post...I hope you have a very blessed day!!!
In Christ...Penny Duncan