Translate

My Cutting Files

Hello Everyone...after much thought I have decided once again to share my cutting files with you all....If you are interested there is a link at the top of my blog underneath the header which will take you to my download site for the files.....Please be aware...while browsing through my previous blogposts... when you find a file you like.....the link for that image is broken...you will need to go to the link at the top of my blog to do a search for the file to download....as it is too time consuming to go through each and every post and correct the links for the files. I trust you will all understand this.
I too, will again offer the entire collection for purchase on DVD if anyone would be interested...you will find the option for that in my store....As I create new files they will be complied on a DVD in the future for those who prefer to combine that way.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

A little something for ME!!! ;)

Hey Everyone….Happy REAL Friday!!!  I’m enjoying my morning at home in my ARTHaven!!!!  I have been wanting to play around with the Engraving tool for my Lynx…”Sable”…….Remember the sample I showed you that Tyler had done a couple weeks ago….I showed in in the tutorial in  a previous post……Well I decided for my first project with the Engraving tool….which if you’re interested…you can purchase from ThatsScrapInc.com  I wanted to make something that I can keep and display in my ARTHaven……so here’s what I came up with!!
The reason I’m showing you so many different views of it is because of all the things I did to this piece!!!! I’ll explain all I did below……














Did that turn out cool…..I just gotta say…the Engraving tool is A M A Z I N G!!!!  Super super cool!!!!! Opens the doors for so many possibilites of creation!!!  Now after I engraved my design into the metal I had purchased from AllThatJazzSupplies.com I decided I wanted to bring some color into it so I used my Copic Markers to color it…..L O V E IT!!!  Has a REALLY cool affect….and when I went outside the engraving lines all I had to do was use the blending tool to remove the “oopppsss”… Then I used some alcohol ink reinkers and a paper towel and dabbed around the parameter of the etching……..
The frame started out as a yucky brown frame that I I’ve had for years and years….I painted…then put a layer of crackle medium then put a coat of light yellow waiting til it dried then distressed a bit more with a couple of colors of alcohol inks and papertowel then used a sanding block on some edges to distress them a bit more…..
The background behind the engraved piece is wallpaper…..I added the decorative ribbon…..and then all the flowers I created started out as regular white cardstock……and the leaves regular green thin cardstock……added a bit more bling and there you go……..I’m super pleased with this piece that will now sit in my ARTHaven…I hope you like it!!!  And you KNOW I LOVE LOVE LOVE flowers!!!
So…now I’m off to work on a dual piece….which will be used for two different purposes….one of them being an upcoming blog hop that a collaboration of ARTists are joining in on using their different cutters and helping to open the eyes of many who’ve not used Make The Cut!  what a wonderful thing!!!!  I’m HONORED to be able to join in on this upcoming blog hop which will be taking place the first of the month!!!!  So I hope you’ll come back and check it out whenever I figure out what I’m going to do!!!  
I would like to wish you all a VERY VERY blessed Easter holiday….I pray you are all safe and do not get harmed in any of the storms this weekend!!!!  As always…THANK YOU so much for stopping by!!! I hope you will come by again!!!! Until then….

No comments: