Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

WOW It’s been a while…..

Can’t believe it’s been since I was on vacation that I’ve updated my blog…..I have been busy….but just haven’t posted…..So I thought I would catch up…say HELLO and share with you some things I’ve done in the past couple of weeks……So, where shall I start….hummmmmmmmm……
Ok, the first thing I’ll share are some new cut files I’ve designed and created…..these are some files I had requests for….I thought they turned out cute and perhaps someone else might have some use for them…..



Now remember…if you care to have these files you may click on the image and it will take you to the page on my website where you may download them………
***********************************************************
Ok….next I think I’ll share with you another Hat Box I had to make to replace one that got lost in transit….arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh….don’t you just HATE that!!!  Broke my heart but I must say….I rather like the way this one turned out too…..



I will tell you I have tweeked the cut file for this Hat Box a bit….I made it so the top of the hat will be MUCH EASIER to do……..it has the same type base as the bottom of the hat box and a round piece for both the outside and inside of the hat top……..here’s what the modified file looks like….

And if you would like to have this file just click the image above and it will take you to the page on my website to download it……
************************************************************** 
Ok……..Next I’ll share with you some things I made just for me…….I had been wanting to have these things but never got around to making them…..I decided to do it a couple of weeks ago and I think they all turned out great!!!!  What do you think????
So the first thing I made was an Altered Compact…….We had done these in a swap on my ARTHaven group and I loved the idea so much I decided to create one just for me…..
The first three images are how it turned out…I LOVE it….lots and lots of steps involved in this…..including, gesso, acrylic paint, Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint, bling, bling & more bling…..



I will be saving all my compacts and doing this so I can give as gifts!!!!  I enjoy having a mirror in my purse when I need it and what a pretty way to store it huh!!! ;)

This next creation is a cellphone holder and a camera holder…..I just took some fabric and batting to create these two pieces….and my sewing machine of course a bit of ribbon and some eyelets and rings…..I love how they turned out and they are very pratical…….They worked up very quickly too!!!

Then I wanted a journal to carry around in my purse to keep my passwords and things in…I have a book I keep at home but wanted one with me with the same info in case I need to access while I’m away from home….this does the job perfectly for me!!!!  The size of it is the size of grungeboard which is exactly what the base of this is…….the top cover I used also some of the Mariposa paper I had bought a while back…I LOVE this design…..I Also used my Bind-It-All…the paper inside is just school paper that I cut down to size……  


Check out the back…I used a piece of grungeboard that had the lines in it…colored with my Distress Inkpads and then coated first with fine embossing powder…coated again with Perfect Medium and coated with UTEE and heat set..LOVE the shiney look then I intentionally folded and bent to make the UTEE crack……Love the distressed look of it…..
****************************************************************
Then Last but by no means least!!!!  Check out this AWESOME Blog Award I was blessed with….
This WONDERFUL Sunshine Award was given to me by a VERY VERY sweet lady named Suzanne with http://justlovestamping.blogspot.com/ ….Suzanne Thank you so very  much ma’am!!! I am truly touched and Thankful that you thought about me!!!!!! 
The rules for this award is very simple:
These are the rules of the Sunshine Award:
1. Put the Sunshine Award on your blog and/or within your post.
2. Pass the award to 12 other bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received the award by leaving them a comment on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.
I have shared her blog here and I promise I will get to listing the recipients but I will sadly have to do that at another time………Suzanne THANK YOU  Again for this very sweet award!!!!
*********************************************************
OK!!!!! I “THINK” that catches me up…..Sure hope you stuck with me through this long post…..and I also hope you found something here you enjoyed today!!! As always…..THANK YOU so much for taking time out of your day to visit with me!!!! I pray you all have a very blessed day and I hope you will come back to visit with me soon!!! Until next time….

19 comments:

Scrapping Mom said...

Absolutely wonderful files. Thank you so much for sharing.
I really love your cellphone and camera holders. Awesome Idea...
YOur journal is wonderful,,,
Well you are wonderful thank you for sharing your talent
Celeste

Sheri said...

Penny...I am just in awe, every time! You are such an incredible artist!

c.louise said...

Love it all and in particular the Altered Tin.

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Penny-
Love everything, especially the butterfly journal!! : )

Jessie said...

Penny these are fantastic! That journal is gooooorgeous! I love the shiny distressed goodness! Cool compact too! I love all your stuff cute cell phone holders! Huggs, Jessie

Becky said...

wow...For some one who has been on vacation you sure have been busy. All of these projects are awesome, I can not believe you that first hat got lost..But this one is gorgeous..Welcome back. :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

did u say vacation???? none of this looks like vacation!! everything is soooooooooo totally awesome. i absolutely love that hat box! wow!

anyway, glad you're back

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! So much to catch up!! The new files are really great and your cases are fabulous but I REALLY LOVE the notebook. I like to alter notebooks, too. I use them all the time!! Thanks for the tutorial, I will have to check that out.

So glad you're back!

Stephanie said...

Penny, these are great!! I just love the altered compact. Thank you for sharing your talent. you are an awesome artist.

Cheryl said...

Wow - you have been busy! Thank you for sharing these files. I LOVE your projects!

Kristie Maynard said...

What wonderful projects you have shared with us here! Every one of them is beautiful! Glad you made time to do something for yourself. We all need to do that now and again!

Carol's Crafts said...

Penny, I get so excited when You tell us you've updated your blog. I'm so thrilled that you finally made some things for yourself too. Your always giving of yourself to others, so it's about time you gave to yourself. I love, love, love all your new creations. Your compact is so you, as is your journal you made. You also did a fabulous job on your cell phone holder. Thanks for thinking of us too and sharing your new file creations.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Wow, you have been busy, thanks for those files, love the guitar especially! All your projects are awesome too. I was wondering if you have made any progress on that little purse file I asked you about a few weeks ago. No hurry, just curious.
XXX,Staci

Kerry said...

Penny - I just love everything. The hat box is to die for! The guitar, oh my - there's so much, it's all just wonderful. And I love the compacts - what an awesome idea! Most of all I'm so glad you've taken some time to create for yourself - I love your journal too! Thanks so much for sharing with us. Always - Kerry P.

Diann said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome talents...your creations are true works of ART and it is always so fun to come by! Diann

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Hey Penny, I tried to email you, but the email delv failed for some reason. email me @ staci412@optonline.net & maybe I could reply back to what you send me.

Chrystal S said...

You've been busy!!! I love the compact! And the journal and the hat box and... oh heck! I love it all!!! :)

SuzanneK said...

Wow oh Wow!! As usual Penny absolutely gorgeous, I am going to have a go at the altered compact, yours is wonderful. I always look forward to seeing what you have come up with and it never disappoints.

Janet said...

Wow love all your stuff you are so talented and very generous. Thank you so much.