Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, May 23, 2010

It’s Been a FUN Day…..

Hey Everyone…..I hope you’ve all had a Wonderful Saturday….Today was a day for me that I was actually very productive in my ARTHaven and it felt so good!!!! Yeah Me!! ;)
So, I thought I would share with you what I created…The first thing I tried was the FANTASTIC 8 layer flowers from the tutorial that has been shared the past couple of days and WOW what an awesome tutorial it was……here’s my version of the flowers
The first flower I made was from the Paper Company Scallop punch………


Though I REALLY like this flower…I find it could be a bit big for alot of the card creations I make but PERFECT for other ART Mediums I do………
So……I decided to use some of my Nestie Files…….Now THESE I LOVE……I chose three different files to work with……..
These first to I used my
PDC 7 Petal Shaplie Flower 2-15-2010



This next one I used my
  PDC 7 Point Flower Shaplie Mat 2-18-2010



This set of flowers I used my
PDC 9 Tip Shaplie Flower 2-14-2010


On all the flowers I cut of my Nesties I did them in 1” and also 1.25” and I found these two sizes to be perfect for cards……….You’ll notice futher down the page I used these flowers in one of my projects…..and I think they look awesome even if I must say so myself!!! ;)

********************************************************************************
Ok…..Now on to the other projects I did……One of the swaps for my ARTHaven Group….was a Corner Book Mark swap……..so this is my creation……

I took an envelope and measured down 4” on each side and then cut across with decorative scissors….I stamped the image and then colored with my Dick Blick Alcohol Markers…..used one of my Cuttlebug Embossing Sleeves and as always some of my Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads…..a bit of ribbon…..some rhinestones and a tassle……it came out kinda cute……
*********************************************************************************
The Next one I worked on was a Tag Swap for my ARTHaven Group…the size was to be 5.5”x3” and the only other requirement was that it was to have blue in it……Well, I think I accomplished that!! ;)  I used one of my tag  files…. BSCSCLTG some flowers I had repurposed from an arrangement I bought at a garage sale and took apart….a rubberstamp of the phrase and ribbon…..oh yeah…and some chalk ink around the edges……


I cut the blue tag in two pieces one for the front and one for the back and then one shadow cut and it is sandwiched between the blue layers…..
It’s really very simple….but I think it has a big impact….I really like it!!! ;)
*********************************************************************************
This last piece I think is my FAVORITE!!!  this is also for my ARTHaven Group and the theme was  “Heritage Piece” the size is to be 5x7…..  I used a technique I had not used before…….it’s a product called Rub-onz by Grafix you can use it with an inkjet or Laser printer…..I used it with my laser printer……So what I did was took an old image I found on the internet from the early 1900’s……..I brought into my Corel PSP X3 program and tweeked a bit then added some decorative text….printed off onto the Rub-onz product in a mirror image……..followed the directions on the package and applied to my mat board……





I will say this product is a bit tricky to work with……you have to rub REALLY REALLY hard to get it to  transfer well…..you can see it does have a bit of a worn look….and for what I was doing I think it added to my piece……..plus then I took my mat board AFTER I had adhered my rub-on and the distressed the edges really well….then used a Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad and distressed the edges more…..I used foam tape on the back to raise it up off the 5x7 black mat board then…..
You’ll notice my flowers I showed you at the beginning of the post……I thought they were the perfect accompaniment to this piece….I did create them with this in mind and I’m thrilled they worked out…….I also used some of my bead vine….these started out white and I took some Alcohol Ink in Expresso on a used wet wipe that had dried and rubbed the alcohol ink on them to color them the color I needed them to be…..I also added the colored pearls on the two opposing corners…..
I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this piece turned out and I hope the lady that will be receiving it loves it!!!
So….that’s it for my creations for tonight!!! I do hope to get to play more tomorrow…….but I need to get my beauty rest first!!! ;)  I so hope you enjoy what you viewed…..I would love to hear your thoughts….As always….THANK YOU so very much for stopping by and visiting with me…….I hope you will come by again but most importantly……I hope you all have a VERY BLESSED DAY!!!  Until next time….
Technorati Tags: ,,,,,

27 comments:

Sheri said...

Penny..your creations seriously take my breath away!

Jessie said...

Wow you really made some beeeeee youuuuuu tee ful flowers! I heart them so much! Looks like you had fun making them too (and that makes it so much more great to spend time making stuff) **Huggs, Jessie**

prob21 said...

Penny,
what beautiful flowers you've made. The hidrangea is something out of this world.
Love them all. Congratulations once moreand thank you so much for sharing those PD's masterpieces.
blessings,
paulo

Debby said...

They are just gorgeous.
Debby

WendyP said...

woh Penny - all your creations look fantastic! And the flowers look amazing !!
I cant wait to try making some tomorrow
smiles Wendy

plreid57 said...

Wow! Penny your work is amazing. I love your files. Thanks you so much for sharing

Dorothy said...

glad yo got to play Penny!!
Everything is beautiful!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! just wow! on EVERYTHING!!! wow!

Diann said...

What fabulous and fun ART you have shared today! I love it all and am making my own flowers today. I really love the Heritage piece, but you have a fantastic corner bookmark and blue tag too! Great ART! Diann

Carol's Crafts said...

Oh Penny, all your new creations are soooooooo
pretty. I love how everything you make has such a soft look. Your flowers turned out great, and I plan on trying my hand at these too.

Becky said...

Your creations this morning is just fabulous. I love these flowers and I plan on making some of these today :), thanks for the link because I am a visual person.

Jennifer said...

Penny,

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful flowers & the easy tutorial!!! :) I am excited about making my own (thank you for the Nestie files, too)!

Crafty Hugs,

Jennifer

Marg said...

you have been busy! I love all the flowers and the bookmark is such a great idea.

katknit said...

Penny, these creations are stunning.... I love them. Thank you for sharing. Thanks for the tutorial on the flowers.... Your super!!! Thanks again....Charlene

Maureen said...

Penny what can I say but WOW...talent talent talent...must have a go at making those flowers...love everything you've just posted!!!!!

Patsy said...

Penny, YOur heritage piece is absolutely beautiful. The flowers go so well as well as
the pearl vine. You are so clever! All of your art pieces are awesome.
TFS
Patsy

Kerry said...

Penny, your creations are absolutely stunning! I love the flowers and will give those a try today. Your bookmark and tag are awesome but the heritage piece is quite simply beautiful! I love it! I love that your work has a beauty and softness that leads it to elegance. Thank you so much for sharing. Kerry P.

Therese said...

Penny, your art is incredible. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

Kristie Maynard said...

All your creations are just wonderful. I have seen this flower technique before and just love these flowers, think I might just have to work on making some of those.
I really love the book mark you made, I think that is my favorite of these projects. Such a simple idea, but you have made it just gorgeous!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Shoshi said...

Penny - your flowers are gorgeous! Must make some! All your creations are just lovely, lovely, lovely, and you are soooo generous sharing everything with us all as you do!

You inspire me.

God bless you,
Shoshi

Tammy D said...

Penny these are awesome! You have been a very busy lady. Glad you had such an awesome fun!

paperqueen said...

Gorgeous pieces, Penny! Love those flowers....can't wait to try the technique, but think I'll use Tim's tattered florals die for a really shabby look!
I have some of that Grafix paper somewhere.....got it ages ago and never used it! Off to find it!
Eileen

Melissa Craig said...

Ohhh Penny! You have been very busy and created some BEAUTIFUL projects. I just love that last vintage card. So gorgeous!! Thank you for posting that tutorial, too. Everyone makes it look so easy and yet when I try to do it, it looks like a blog of card stock mess. LOL

I hope you had a fabulous weekend - it sure looks like you did.

Take care.
Hugs,
Mel

Cheryl said...

Awesome! All of your flowers turned out simply beautiful! And the pieces, well I'm speechless (and that takes a lot)!

Thank you for the reminder on using your SVG files. I forget that I am not limited to my punches and Nesties.

Whitney said...

Wow Penny I love the flower! I have this punch and I am going to try this tonight.

You look like you were very productive this weekend. Great Job!!

Maestra Orquestra said...

Love, love love the flowers, Miss Penny! I was wondering if with the flowers that you used your nesties for, did you use all one size petal? Or various sizes?

Crafty Sue said...

Oh, Penny, these are to die for! I wanna open my own flower shop with these! Well, okay, maybe just enough to do every project for a year.