Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Hat Box….

Hey Everyone….ME again!!! Remember I mentioned I had been working on a new file???? Wellllll, I finally got it tweeked to the point I’m very happy with it….What is it you ask??? Well, it’s a Hat Box….I had a request to see if I could come up with a cut file for this so I took the challenge……
So here’s the mock up of what I came up with…….






If you like this you may have the cut file I created below…just click on the image……and it will take you to the page on my website where you can download it….

The top rectangle with the notches out of it……is the round base of the bottom….you form into a circle…the bottom pieces get folded so they will sit on top of the large round circle..and glue or double stick it to the circle base……….the six sided piece will then get glued to the inside bottom of the base…..
Then I took the other rectangle piece and wrapped it around the base of the box bottom to decide how snug to make the top piece……glue the top piece….slide it off the bottom base….set on the counter then I took the remaining circle piece (decorative side down) and push through the opening of the top base you just glued until it touched the table…..then run a bead of glue all along the inside edge and allow to sit until dry………once it’s dried you now have your top piece of the hat….you can add ribbon or embellies to hide the seam if you like…..as you can see with my pics above…you don’t really see it……
I then added my own choice of embellishments to finish off the hat……So, I would love to hear what you think about it……for a simple file I really love the impact of the cute box!!!
Ok, off I go to see what else I can play with….I hope you are all having a very blessed day and I do hope you’ll come again!!! Until next time….
Technorati Tags: ,,,,,

34 comments:

Scrapping Mom said...

Absolutely beautiful. I will have to try this one. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol said...

I do love this. Will have to try this out. Thanks for creating it and sharing with us. c.louise

Jeanne said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! PENNY this is AMAZING!!!!! You are so very talented!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Patsy said...

What a cute, cute box. Would make a great Mother's Day box with something special inside,
of course.

Jun Bug House said...

WOW!!!!
I love this..............
It is TEE-RIF-IC
Just like you!
**U**
Nance

Debbie said...

Oh YES! This is absolutly fabulous. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

What a beauty!!

Laura said...

Oh, Penny - this is adorable. My mom & Mother in Law will love it for Mother's Day!!! Thanks SO MUCH!
Laura

Vicki said...

Oh wow, I am blown away...I think it is simply awesome...this would make a wonderful box for a wedding, and as some of the others said, Mother's Day too!I may have to try my hand at creating this one too! Thank you very very much!

HUGS,
Vicki

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

OMGosh!!!! Love it!

Cheryl said...

Penny, OH MY GOODNESS! This is fabulous. Pure genius!

Carolina Girl said...

OMGosh....how cute cute cute and fun fun fun...this is super super super. You are always pulling something new out of the hat...so to speak...haha. WoW....thank you for sharing more inspiration.

Cherbear said...

I LOVE it! Thank you so much for sharing the file. You are such a generous woman!

Bobbi said...

Oh my gosh, Penny, you are a genius!! This hat is absolutely brilliant! I love it. I can't wait to try it. Thank you so very much. With the shoe and the hat, by next year, we may have an Easter parade. :)

Laura said...

Golly, Penny - I already commented on this once, but then I had to go watch LOST, and when I came back & turned the monitor back on, there was that adorable hat, and I'm blown away all over again! If this is what you come up with while on vacation, then I say, vacation on, girl, vacation on!
Laura

Marg said...

What a fantastic project. How perfect is that!

Wendy said...

Wow Penny this is lovely, a great cut file and I love the papers you have used

Works From The Attic said...

Penny, I just love your files and your generosity. Your hat box is amazing! I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for all you do.
Linda M in PA

Lake Side Living said...

WoW!!!!! Jaw Dropping!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! Thank you for sharing...I've GOT to give this a try. :)

Kim said...

This is beyond fabulous, I have to make one of these!

Annel said...

WOW Penny you out did your self that is SO cute. thanks for sharing it with us.
Annel

Tamara Putvin said...

OMG Lady this is the most amazing art I have seen!!! You are so very talented.. Thank you for sharing the file as well..

Tammy D said...

That is a really awesome box. I can't wait to make something from it for my sister.

Diann said...

How fabulous is this....I love it! Diann

Angie Hall Haviland said...

Turned out FABULOUS!! Love it!

JustYolie said...

OH my it a Stunning hat box!! Thanks for sharing the cut file with us!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! Amazing! Wonderful for so many occasions.

SuzanneK said...

Once again Penny outstanding, you never cease to amaze me. I will certainly be trying this one out.
Thanks so much for all your fab files.

ginner said...

Thank you for providing this...it made awesome Mother's Day treats for my family.

In Christ,

Virginia

Laura said...

Stunning! I want to make a ton of them!!
Thanks so much!

Laura said...

I've been inspired...here's a link to my blog

Hats Off to Penny!

Thanks for your lovely file! They make me happy!

Anonymous said...

Penny,
You're amazing and so talented! You never stop surprising me! Thank you for sharing this lovely file.

soraya

Sweetness4713 said...

Penny this is absolutely adorable.. Now I must make one..LOL

Sweet Caroline said...

Penny,

I love this file! My MIL is a Red Hat, so I can already see the possibilities...lol.

Caroline in CA