Translate

My Cutting Files

Hello Everyone...after much thought I have decided once again to share my cutting files with you all....If you are interested there is a link at the top of my blog underneath the header which will take you to my download site for the files.....Please be aware...while browsing through my previous blogposts... when you find a file you like.....the link for that image is broken...you will need to go to the link at the top of my blog to do a search for the file to download....as it is too time consuming to go through each and every post and correct the links for the files. I trust you will all understand this.
I too, will again offer the entire collection for purchase on DVD if anyone would be interested...you will find the option for that in my ETSY store....As I create new files they will be complied on a DVD in the future for those who prefer to combine that way.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Weekend Is Done…..

Isn’t it amazing how quick our weekends tend to fly by!!!!!  Seems like we blink and they’re done!!!
I did have some fun in my ARTHaven this weekend….My aunt came over and we played in my ARTHaven for several hours….She is just getting into crafting and is trying to learn all she can on how bet utilize all her fun crafting tools she’s recently invested in!!!! 
She wanted me to create something from start to finish so she could just watch me….so I decided to work on one of my swaps I needed to make for my SCALSocialConnection Group…..This was a book swap……we just have to incorporate the use of our Cricuts or cutting machine in the creation of the book…….
Here’s my creation…….




The base of the front and back of the book are Pizza bite boxes….I cut down and then covered with decorative paper…this paper is by K&C Company they make such beautiful papers!!!!
I then took some paper I purchased from my friend Kanan who lives in India to make the strip on the edge of the front cover….I took a fancy edged ruler and ripped the edge of the paper…then ran through my Cuttlebug to texturize the paper even more then hit with a couple colors of my Tim Holtz Distress Inkpads……
I rounded the corners with my Crop-A-Corner punch…which I LOVE……..and used regular school paper that I cut down to match the size of the book…….
I then used some of my CUT FILES I have designed and created several months back……….I’m sharing images of the cut files here….IF you are interested in any of them you may click the image and it will take you to the page on My Website where you may obtain them……


Once I had them all cut with my Cricut I then used my Cubblebug to texturize them and my Inkpads to distress the edges……..I used Rhinestone Brads in the middle of the flowers and adhered to the book……I then cut some slits in the front cover because once  had the other items on I felt it still needed something so I decided on my next favorite medium to use….ribbon!!! Surprise Surprise huh!!! LOL  Then used my Bind-It-All to punch my holes and attach the wire coil!!!!
Then I had been wanting to create a Gift Card/Money Card holder different then the one I did a couple of weeks ago……I thought I would share it here with you as well…..
Ok, So these are my contributions for this evening….Now I must get some much needed beauty sleep…Monday morning comes early!!!!  As always….THANK YOU for coming by to visit with me…….It really really means alot!!! I hope you will come by again…..I pray you all have a VERY blessed Monday!!! Until next time…   

8 comments:

Becky said...

what a great project, and how wonderful to have an Aunt interested in crafting. I have a friend that crafts and every month or so we get together, but we never get anything accomplished, all we do is drink tea and talk up a storm showing each other all the new goodies we got during the month, and before you know it 4 hours has passed and nothing accomplished but deepening friendship :).

Scrapping Mom said...

I absolutely love this book. It is great to know that family is interested in what you do Isn't it. You are amazing as usual

Tamara Putvin said...

Oh My Penny this is elegant and stunning! Thank you so much for sharing..

Wishing you abundant blessings,
Tami

Shirley said...

What a delightful project and what fun to create with your Aunt by your side.

Wendy said...

Penny this book is stuning, just spent the last few hours looking at your blog and reading most of your posts, form making your colour soft to looking at your Art heaven.
love your work and the lovely earthy colours that you choose to work in, i find your cards very warm and welcoming.
Thanks for sharing your cut files with us, you are a gem.
I just used one of your flowers this morning for a challenge card on my blog.
I have added you to my side bar.
I dont want to miss a posting.
THANKS again penny for all your lovely cut files

Julie Ann said...

Such a pretty, pretty book!!! It's making me long for spring to be here!

Christelle said...

Well, as usual your work is soooo beautiful and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful files

Wanda said...

WOW girl you have been busy these last few days...I love all you new art!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank you for sharing your awesome talent!!