Translate

My Cutting Files

Hello Everyone...after much thought I have decided once again to share my cutting files with you all....If you are interested there is a link at the top of my blog underneath the header which will take you to my download site for the files.....Please be aware...while browsing through my previous blogposts... when you find a file you like.....the link for that image is broken...you will need to go to the link at the top of my blog to do a search for the file to download....as it is too time consuming to go through each and every post and correct the links for the files. I trust you will all understand this.
I too, will again offer the entire collection for purchase on DVD if anyone would be interested...you will find the option for that in my store....As I create new files they will be complied on a DVD in the future for those who prefer to combine that way.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

WOW this has been a fast week!!! Can't say I'm disappointed though!!! ;)  I plan on spending this weekend just list most weekends....Playing with Paper!!! Yippie Me........I do get to spend a bit of time at my aunt's house on Saturday to give her a few more Cricut/SCAL lessons...then it's me me me time!!! ;) 
So, I had one more card for an order to create......it was for one of my boss's birthday coming up......All the other boss would say is.....make it something about cooking......hummmmmmmmmmmmmm, OK????!!!!  Well then I got to thinking.....she loves Paula Deen......and you know those old commercials with a lady holding up something and then having a talk bubble beside her.....well I thought....why not have a pic of Paula Deen there with a phrase like she might say with her good ole' southern drawl!!!! ;)  So here's what I came up with.......
  


I did create some cut files with this but none that would really be useful to most........However I will share with you I used my technique for cutting out my image with my Cricut.........and you can see just how AWESOME of a job my printer printed the pic of Paula through my Inkscape program........
Just an additional note.....when I talk about making a "henge" I'm referring to putting your paper on the right edge of the mat and using a piece of painters tape to the edge of the paper and the cricut mat to create a "henge" so when you lift the paper up you won't move the cut out area from it's original cutting area.....
Okie Dokie....that's about it for me today....As always....THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me....It totally makes may day when I hear from you........please know that......I love responding to you!!  I do hope you will come by and again...I pray you all have a VERY blessed Friday!!!! Until next time.....
Technorati Tags:

15 comments:

Diann said...

Now that is Paula Deen at her best!
What an awesome card you have created for Marie! Don't you just wish she would give you a day off to play in your ARTHaven! Thanks so much for sharing...love this idea! Diann

Anonymous said...

Awesome birthday card, Penny. I bet she will have a fit over it.

Carol P

usmc_honey said...

Great card, Penny. I always LOVE visiting your sites and basking in the creativity. As always, your willingness to share and mentor is so greatly appreciated!
Andrea M Bennett
Fiskateer #6732
http://usmchoney.blogspot.com
www.shutterfly.com/usmc_honey
www.abennett16.qhealthandbeauty.com

Angie Hall Haviland said...

OH Penny!! That is PRECIOUS!!

Chrystal S said...

Fantastic Card Penny!

Ileana said...

Very creative!

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Penny! I love me some Paula Deen! I do have a question for you though. I am very new to SCAL and Inkscape. I noticed that you can see a cricut mat in your Inkscape window. Can you tell me how this is done?
Thanks a million,
Tracey
tmasonstudio.blogspot.com

Becky said...

You got my girl Paula looking good on this :).

Tracey said...

Penny, I just spent the last hour learning from your tutorials! You are extremely talented and very nice for sharing- I am thrilled to have achieved the cricut mat and had success saving it as a default! Thank you thank you!
Tracey Mason
tmasonstudio.blogspot.com

Gloria said...

I can even hear that southern drawl of Paula's as I read the front of the card! Looks great - as always in everything you do. TFS your talents with us each day.

katknit said...

Penny, this is great.....You are so talented.....thanks for sharing

Tamara Putvin said...

Love the Card!!! Your creations are so enjoyable.. Thanks for another fabulous tutorial!!

JustYolie said...

Very nice card, thanks for sharing your talent with us!
Yolie
http://justyolie.blogspot.com/

Julie Ann said...

Oh what a deliciously cute card, Penny!! It made me smile and I know your boss is going to love it!

Debbie said...

Now this is a card that would be priceless to receive! I love Paula Deene myself. Great idea.