Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year.....

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL New Year and everyone is happy and healthy......My New Year's Eve was quiet and that's just fine by me....Hubby and I went out to dinner then came home...he watched movies and played his video game....I spent the evening in my ARTHaven!!!  No better place for me!!! ;)

I don't make New Year's Resolutions because I know I'll never stick to them....however one thing I did promise myself is that I wanted to create ART for the sake of CREATING and not always for orders or for things to sell........So I decided I was going to start with something last night......I had purchased some acrylic clear stamps the other day that gave me the idea to do this....so with the use of my new stamps, MY DIGITAL STAMP I had created a couple months back, some of MY CUT FILES I've designed and created and lots of other steps my gift for ME came together..........Check it out....I'm quite happy.......














I selected some pictures of my family to put on each page of my calendar.......not picking a particular image to go on a particular month other than the month of October which is my anniversary month.........I just basically picked some of my favorite pictures..........

The ones of the babies....are MY BABIES......Well, they're not babies anymore........My "babies" are now 23 and 15........my how the years go by so fast!!!!!!  Each one I picked of them hold a very special place in my heart..........even the one of Billy that's not real clear....I still LOVE it and just decided whether it was a good image or not......I LOVE it so I used it.....I took each of the pictures and changed them to Sephia tone....I felt the color tones worked so well with my color choices of my layouts.......

The Calendar base is a digital stamp I created a couple months back.....I then took a coffee colored sharpie and wrote the dates in for each month......I used my acrylic stamps to stamp the month and the year.......I then used my cuttlebug and embossed the edges of the calendar and then hit with some Walnut Stain Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad and my foam applicator......I also.....I wrapped some thin brown ribbon around the page and tied in a simple knot to give some added attention......

On the pictures I printed them out then trimmed down...then I took my Distressing Tool and distressed the edges of the picture........I used one of my Corner Files I had designed and created several months back and sized to the size I wanted and cut with my Cricut.........If you like this file and you don't already have it you can find it by clicking the image below and it will take you to the page on my website where you can download it....

I wanted to add an added dimension to the page so, you know I LOVE flowers.....so I decided to use some of my Flower Cut Files I designed several months back............cut with my Cricut then distressed the edges again with some Tim Holtz Distress ink in Walnut Stain........used a brad eyelet and my Crop-A-Dail to set them......curled the petals with a thin tool and adhered to my page with a foam dot....
Once I had all my pages decorated the way I wanted them I used my BIA to punch the holes and put the wire  coil on....I also added a back layer of chip board..........When I purchased my BIA several months back they sent me this stand to display your ART books you create......well I decided to use it to display my book.......had little screws that you can attach your project to it so it will hold it for you and then you can just flip the pages..........


So....This is the project I made for me!!!!!!! Do you like it???? I'm SO thrilled with the way it came out and can see myself making some of these for gifts...........Now I go back to playing with some paper...I was just so tickled with how it turned out I wanted to share it with you....As always, THANK YOU SO MUCH for coming by to visit with me!!!! It REALLY means alot!!!!  I pray you all have a very blessed remainder of the weekend......I hope you will come by again....Until next time.......

27 comments:

prob21 said...

Penny,
Amazing! As always you ROCK talented lady!
What a lovely project to begin 2010! Congratulations!
Blessings,
paulo
http://scale-files.blogspot.com/

Diann said...

You did a fantastic job with the family calendar...I loved it. BTW, I loved seeing Paulo say, "You rock talented lady"...how cool is that. It is also fun to do something for yourself! Diann

Becky said...

What an amazing calender. Wonderful pictures.

Scrapping Mom said...

You calendar is amazing. I love it. Yeah for you. You do such amazing work for everyone.

Sherri Auld said...

Penny, the calendar is just amazing! Paulo is right - you do rock! The pictures you chose are wonderful with the colors and embelishments. What a great thing to make for yourself!

Tammy D said...

Awesome job Penny. I love it! It's important to remember to do stuff for yourself too..

Ileana said...

What a very precious family and a gorgeous project too!

Laurie R. said...

Penny I love this. You did an excellent job. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Patricia said...

Wow! Leave it to you to take something plain like a calendar and turn it into an amazing work of art! It is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration and for all the files you share!
Pat

Lorna Scott said...

OH MY GOSH. This is so beautifull
every thing I see that you do is so very nice. Thanks for sharing

Chrystal S said...

Wow Penny! What a great gift for yourself! It is fantastic and you will get to look at it everyday and smile. :)
Great job!

Anonymous said...

Totally fabulous!! I love calendars, from itty bitty ones, to big ones. This is one of the most beautiful I have seen.

lna

Angie Hall Haviland said...

OHHHH Penny!!! This is just soooo ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!

luthien said...

OMG penny!! this is fabulous and stunning!! i love the idea of putting family faces on a calendar and need i say that the design make me a-drooling?? what a beautiful and meaning piece of art. and you're such an angel ... sharing your work once again with others :)) happy new year my fren!!

Ellen said...

It is gorgeous, Penny! You are the same as me, always creating stuff for others, but hardly something to keep for your self. I have planned to do a family history album this year. I already have the paper and some embelisshments. Now find the time to strat it :)

Happy New Year with a lot of craftiness.

Christine said...

Your calender is BEAUIFUL! It will hold a new memory every time you turn a page!

Blessings,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!!

I'm a great admirer of your work. The calendar is awesome. Thank you for sharing the lovely borders!!

soraya

Dorothy said...

I sooo love this!! Great job!!!
Dorothy

Carol's Crafts said...

Penny, your family calendar, is so beautiful, girl. I love the coloring you used, especially the sepia tone of the pictures. I know you are going to enjoy looking at your calendar everyday. I'm so happy that you make something for yourself for a change.

Anonymous said...

don't know if my last message went or not.
Fantastic great job. I love anyting about family. Cause thats what its all about FAMILY.
barb911 s/e mi

Marg said...

Your calendar is wonderful. I always make something similar for my mother, using some of my daughter's photographs. This year it was flowers. What a great idea re the stand. Must give that a try next year.

Tamara Putvin said...

Penny, as usual your work is stunning and elegant.. I love the family calendar it's as beautiful as your family... One of the things I would love to do this year is a calendar..

The digi stamp is beautiful as well as the files.. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creations with us..

wishing you abundant blessings,
Tami

Tanya said...

Do we like it? Seriously. We LOVE IT! Who wouldn't. lol. Your work always turns out so beautiful! You do such an amazing job.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

kanishk said...

. I love the family calendar it's as beautiful as your family... One of the things I would love to do this year is a calendar..

wagyu kobe beef

Julie Ann said...

Penny, your calendar is awesome!!! What a treasure! The pictures you've chosen are beautiful- and I just LOVE your wedding picture!! And the one of you and Craig for December- that is my most favoritest one!!! Lol! You are so beautiful, inside and out! I just know you are going to enjoy looking at your hard work each day of the year and remember wonderful times you've had with your family. :)

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, very valuable idea


I can look for the reference to a site with the information on a theme interesting you. Hot Health